This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 8, 2019 at 8:06 am #4530753

anneV-9

I have reported this issue a couple of months ago and it looked like it was solved, but lately I get this message again in mailbox a couple times a week.

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 41 of the file
/home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php.
Error message: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to
WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs::prepare_unsent_job_for_notice() must be an
instance of WPML_Translation_Job, boolean given, called in
/home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php
on line 288 and defined in
/home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php:41
Stack trace:
#0 /home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288):
WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs->prepare_unsent_job_for_notice(false)
#1 /home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310):
WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-includes/plugin.php(465):
WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/translation-jobs/helpers/wpml-update-translation-data-action.class.php(116):
do_action('wpml_tm_assign_...', false, 25)
#4 /home/sfbxlqmy/publi

Yes I have deleted the files/directory with an FTP client
Yes I have reinstalled with an FTP client

I don't even use translation management. The list goes on an on and it's possibly one of the pages that are in this list does not exist anymore or whatever reason there can be for a page to appear in that list.

September 9, 2019 at 7:34 am #4534075

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

there are most likely some database fields missing from your WPML Database tables causing this error, which is why it came back

If possible i would like to take a closer look at the backend to examine the WPML database tables

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

NOTE: if access to the live site is not possible and staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin

September 9, 2019 at 10:13 pm #4540397

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

i have inspected your database and it looks as expected with no fields missing

do you currently get the error when doing specific actions in the backend , i would like to try and replicate it in the backend to further test on my staging environment

September 9, 2019 at 10:40 pm #4540421

anneV-9

I have received an error this evening in the mail and I have seen update errors.
Since I did not know you were working on it, I have updated the files, although I had the latest files uploaded.

What can I do to remove all those files in the list for translation? I don't use them and I have the feeling they are part of the problem.

September 10, 2019 at 8:21 am #4542951

Bobby
Supporter

Apart from the email notifications do you get this error when you do specific actions in the backend ? meaning is there a specific action that gives you a fatal error or blank screen in the backend or front end ?

Are you currently using Translation Services ? I see that ICanLocalize is enabled

if not please go to WPML->Support->Troubleshooting->Reset professional translation state

i have also refreshed the Traslation Services as well

let me know your results

September 10, 2019 at 8:37 am #4543055

anneV-9

Will any of these actions brake my site if everything else is ok?
Will I loose my translations that I already made?

September 10, 2019 at 8:38 am #4543175

anneV-9

I do not see any problems on my end, I only get the frequent emails.

September 10, 2019 at 8:39 am #4543183

anneV-9

I don't use translation services or a translator.
I tried to use icanlocalize in the past but that was not a good experience.

September 10, 2019 at 8:54 am #4543321

Bobby
Supporter

I have performed the necessary actions to safely remove and disconnect your site from the Translation Services as you are no longer using them

this wont cause any of your content to be lost.

No need to perform any other actions at the moment. Please update me if the issue is resolved now and if you get any more notifications after today in your email

September 14, 2019 at 4:57 pm #4573019

anneV-9

Today I received a new mail. This time it was written in German 😉

Again it has something to do with unsent jobs... I don't send jobs and I'm not planning on doing that in the future.

I do not have problems when I'm using my site or working on my site. I just get these emails.

Fehler-Details
==============
Ein Fehler vom Typ E_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 41 der Datei
/home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php
verursacht. Fehlermeldung: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to
WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs::prepare_unsent_job_for_notice() must be an
instance of WPML_Translation_Job, boolean given, called in
/home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php
on line 288 and defined in
/home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-jobs/class-wpml-tm-unsent-jobs.php:41
Stack trace:
#0 /home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288):
WPML_TM_Unsent_Jobs->prepare_unsent_job_for_notice(false)
#1 /home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310):
WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-includes/plugin.php(465):
WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/sfbxlqmy/public_html/serialbagmakers/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/inc/translation-jobs/helpers/wpml-update-translation-data-action.class.php(116):
do_action('wpml_tm_assign_...', false, 25)
#4 /home/sfbxlqmy/publi

September 16, 2019 at 8:10 pm #4583775

Lauren
Supporter

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please deactivate and delete the Translation Management plugin from your site. This will not delete your translations. Then, go to Plugins -> add New and click on the Commercial tab. On this screen, click Check for Updates. Then, select the box next to the translation management add on and install and activate it. Then, please let me know if you continue getting the error.