Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: A message appears that the WPML settings are corrupted. How to fix this?

Solution: This is a problem in the database, where some settings are corrupted or is a cached message. It is recommended that you open a new topic to resolve this issue.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by resch-marketing-and-communication-gmbhO 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 7, 2016 at 8:31 am #1131124

resch-marketing-and-communication-gmbhO

I get the mentioned error. I found a lot of similar issues in the forum but each of them has been solved individually. I took one of the topics and tried to prepare for support:

- DONE: Back up your database
- NOT AVAILABLE: Install the Adminer plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/adminer)
- GERMAN: Tell me what is your default language?
- ENGLISH: and to which other languages do you like to translate to? (target languages)
- YES, WHERE? Could you provide us with credentials for your website? For this purpose you should see a protected webform all they way down here in this thread. (it asks first for "Backup + Legal disclaimer")

November 7, 2016 at 12:58 pm #1131431

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us.

This can be database problem corrupt or database caching problem.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

November 7, 2016 at 1:39 pm #1131471

Bruno

Thank you. I fixed the problem.

Please, could you continue the WPML installation and check if your site is working properly?

Thank you.

November 7, 2016 at 2:14 pm #1131510

resch-marketing-and-communication-gmbhO

Resolved. What did you do? Just a reset or something more specific?