Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
July 1, 2020 at 11:03 am

sohaila-2

Zapier is not receiving translated gravity forms fields hence not triggering their zaps.

It happens because when you translate field label, aria-label value of the field also changes and it sent this data to zapier, however it is then not recognized in zapier.

July 1, 2020 at 12:27 pm
July 1, 2020 at 1:08 pm #6495877

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 2, 2020 at 11:47 am #6503719

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

I'm with the WPML Compatibility Team. Thank you for your patience!

I took a look at the issue and I think the problem is happening in Step 2 of your Zapier integration where the fields are sent to your Salesforce Org. However, what's confusing to me is that you say the forms work fine in English.

That would only be true if Zapier is using Labels instead of Field Names for your fields. In that case, I'm not really sure how we can display one label but send another, without some custom coding on your website.

As for ARIA labels. These are used for accessibility reasons. If Zapier is using those labels, it's not good practice but we might able to help you make it so that those ARIA labels are not translated.

-------

In the screenshots we can see that the "Data Out" contains all the fields (this is in Zapier), so from WP -> Zapier, things seem to be working. The error is on Salesforce's "Data In" where it cannot match any of the fields names.

My immediate suggestion to you is to bring this up with Zapier as they should be able to help you map all the fields correctly for Salesforce.

Without seeing how Zapier and your forms are set up, it will be difficult for us to confirm anything other than that we can see from your screenshots that the content does reach Zapier. Would you be able to share access to Zapier? And I also noticed the password for your WordPress is updated as well so I could not take a look at the settings in Gravity Forms.

We will wait to hear back from you. I'm making your next response private in case you need to share credentials.

Best,
Izzi

July 3, 2020 at 8:44 am #6512129

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

We went ahead and tested an integration with Zapier. Please do understand that the Gravity Forms - Zapier integration is not one where WPML is involved at all, so our understanding of how Zapier does things is limited.

After testing Zapier and GF, we realized that Gravity Forms really is using the label for the fields, which we obviously do allow to translate.

However, Gravity Forms provides the option to set an Admin Label for the back-end. Zapier can also be set to use this instead of the front-end labels.

This allows you to be able to translate the Labels that your visitors see, but keep Admin Labels the same for all languages. I tested this and saw that Zapier received all language submissions with the same field names.

I've attached some screenshots showing the settings I used and the results I got. The important thing to remember is:
- Set an Admin Label for each field
- Enable the Use Admin Labels setting in the form's Zapier settings
- When translating the form, you will find an extra adminLabel to translate for each field
- Copy the adminLabel for each field without changing it, so that it is the same for all languages

------------------------

After trying this, if you still have an error in your Zapier Step 2, you will need to discuss that with Zapier support since it's a Zapier - Salesforce integraiton.

I hope that's helpful and thank you for your patience!

French Form Submission in Zapier.PNG
English Form Submission in Zapier.PNG
Translate Label - Not adminLabel.PNG
Gravity Forms Field Admin Label.png
Zapier Gravity Form Settings.PNG
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.