Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by olafM-4 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
November 7, 2019 at 4:15 pm #4908127

olafM-4

I am trying to: see the Chinese flag zh-hans.png

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: any page that uses Chinese (traditional)

I expected to see: the Chinese flag

Instead, I got: WPML is looking for zh-hans.png but you have the flag in zh.jpg or the other way around. The problem is described in https://wpml.org/forums/topic/chinese-flag-no-longer-displays/#post-4907923 but never resolved. With every update the manual fix is erased. You need to fix it on your server to include the flag file in every update. Annoying small problem is so easy to resolve.

November 7, 2019 at 4:55 pm #4908665

olafM-4

the file missing in WPML updates is this one: /wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags/zh-hans.png
a simple fix is to include this file in future updates.

November 7, 2019 at 5:00 pm #4908687

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Sorry for the trouble in chat, I am not sure what happened, chat got disconnected somehow.

Could you please download zh.png flag image from here: yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags/zh.png
and upload this flag image as custom chinese flag from WPML >> Languages >> Edit Languages >> Custom Flag option.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

November 7, 2019 at 7:43 pm #4909797

olafM-4

Noman, yes, the chat died halfway down, but that isn't a problem. The problem is, that you do not understand the issue. We have debugged the issue. It is clear that this file is missing in the delivery package of every new update from WPML. We are tired of fixing it every time a new update arrives that does not include the flag file. The file name and path are clear, obvious and it has been reported as early as 2018- The WPML team has not made the change and added the file on their server. You only need to get them to listen and make the change. As easy as that.

November 7, 2019 at 7:55 pm #4909867

olafM-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! Your solution is very smart. But the root problem is that the flag file is not included in the WPML package and not in the updates due to a file naming error.