Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Dynamic Conditions plugin
Solution:
Our compatibility team has checked issue thoroughly and also recommended that you use my suggested workaround (However, if you modify the template directly ( like I did), then you can modify this field as well.).

WPML won't be able to recognize the fields automatically unless they're explicitly defined in the translatable nodes or by some custom code in the theme's functions.php. And as the dynamic conditions can be added to ANY elementor widget, all widgets should be either edited or redefined.

In short, getting this working would be very difficult and would require significant amount of development and testing not only from the plugin author, but also from our developers. This plugin has been used by a less then 40 of our WPML customers, so I'm afraid that it would not get the priority needed to get all of this developed and tested.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 8:37 am #4125003

gianfrancoa-3

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to use Dynamic Conditions plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/dynamicconditions/) in a multilanguage website. When I translate my elementor page, Dynamic Conditions fields can't be translated.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I'm trying to follow this documentation (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/) but honestly it's a bit hard for me.

What is the link to your site?
I'd rather keep it private, thanks.

July 2, 2019 at 9:22 am #4125307

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I wasn't able to find any ticket related to Dynamic Conditions plugin in our archives and the plugin itself is not listed here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

As for documentation, no worries - this documentation is actually intended more towards plugin developers so even if you follow it, there is a chance that with next plugin update your changes will get overwritten.

Therefore, I suggest this:
- please install Elementor and Dynamic Conditions on the clean sandbox site I created for you
- try to translate the widget
- let me know the exact steps you are doing to translate them and tell me what exactly isn't working when it comes to translation

Based on what we find, I will send all this to our compatibility team then for further investigations.

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: FX32xCiCc1h4

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 2, 2019 at 10:28 am #4125727

gianfrancoa-3

Ok, thank you for your support!
Here's what have I done:
- installed elementor PRO
- installed Dynamic Conditions
- I've created two pages, and translated them
- I've created a menu, and translated it
- I've created a custom header, and translated it

So, I've created two blocks in header and I've set them to show only one of them in each page using Dynamic Condition. So, page01 displays left block and page02 displays right block, as you can see:

Page01 (eng): hidden link
Page02 (eng): hidden link

Now, in my translated page I wish to have the same behaviour and display the block I've set, but it's not working:
Page01 (ita): hidden link

Can you please help me? Thanks again 🙂

July 2, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4127777

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I think I may have a workaround for you - have a look at the results:
hidden link
hidden link

Why isn't this working if you try through translation management? From what I see, the reason is because the condition text is not visible and hence not translatable, so you are unable to translate "page01" into "pagina01" etc. However, if you modify the template directly ( like I did), then you can modify this field as well.

If this is the issue you're pinpointing, let me know and I will escalate the whole case to our compatibility team and in the meanwhile you can test the workaround.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

2019-07-02-16-00-busy-grouse.w5.wpsandbox.pro.jpg
italian-edit.jpg
July 2, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4128577

gianfrancoa-3

Hi, thank you for your help!

I must say I was already aware of this workround, but honestly I don't like to edit directly translated page. I'd rather prefer to use the WPML translation manager.

What am I asking is: how can I add WPML support to this particular widget? I've tried following documentation here (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/how-to-add-wpml-support-to-custom-elementor-widgets/) but it's not so easy for me, so I was hoping for help from support...

can you help me to add compatibility with Dynamic conditions plugin?
Thanks in advance!

July 3, 2019 at 5:52 am #4131915

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

No worries then - I have escalated this case to our compatibility team, I will keep this thread updated as soon as I get information from them!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 3, 2019 at 7:22 am #4132601

gianfrancoa-3

Thank you very much, I'll wait then 🙂

July 3, 2019 at 7:23 am #4132607

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(changing Ticket status for internal purposes - please ignore)

July 8, 2019 at 12:12 pm #4162237

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Our compatibility team has checked issue thoroughly and also recommended that you use my suggested workaround.

WPML won't be able to recognize the fields automatically unless they're explicitly defined in the translatable nodes or by some custom code in the theme's functions.php. And as the dynamic conditions can be added to ANY elementor widget, all widgets should be either edited or redefined.

In short, getting this working would be very difficult and would require significant amount of development and testing not only from the plugin author, but also from our developers. This plugin has been used by a less then 40 of our WPML customers, so I'm afraid that it would not get the priority needed to get all of this developed and tested.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 10, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4180935

gianfrancoa-3

Ok, It's quite a pity because Dynamic Conditions plugin got a lot of potential.
Well, that's sad but I understand...
Thanks anyway 🙂

July 10, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4181027

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I agree, but maybe this changes in future, who knows :). Since there is nothing else we can do at this point, I am marking this thread as resolved.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.