Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 6, 2022 at 5:04 pm #11170345

Fabrizio Perri

Hi, i'm using WP All Import through cron job to import products 1 time a day.
I want to translate automatically the products into english.
The problem is that wpml doesn't see if the product change.
So everyday i should trigger manually the translation selecting only the products that changed description. (i've around 500 products)
How can i solve this problem?
Thanks

May 6, 2022 at 6:17 pm #11170511

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Please take note that this is a known issues and will be solved in the coming update for the WP All Import WooCommerce Addon.

As workaround:

Inside the file \wpai-woocommerce-add-on\actions\pmxi_after_post_import.php

On the line:

remove_all_actions('shutdown'); 

Change the line to:

// remove_all_actions('shutdown'); 

Let me know if you need any assistance with applying this fix.

Best regards
Andreas

May 9, 2022 at 8:59 am #11178807

Fabrizio Perri

Hi Andreas,
i changed the line as you told me.

In setting i put "Translate everything publish translations without reviewing" but in Translation Management i see Prepaid credits left 0 and Pay-as-you-go credits used 40.

I have to buy credits to use the automatic translation o i can use the 2000 first for free, because Automatic translation doesn't work.

If i only change the price of product WPML will translate the whole product again consuming credits?

Thanks

May 10, 2022 at 2:22 pm #11190543

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi there!

I'll continue here since Andreas is not available at the moment.

Prepaid credits are the credits you buy from WPML.org but in your case i believe it's better if you use the pre-paid credits. the first 2000 are always free each month, so if you were to leave the pay as you go credits usage as it's right now (40), you would not have to pay for anything.

you do not need to "buy" prepaid credits if you use "pay as you go" because pay as you go will basically lend you the credits you need and only make you pay if you hit a high usage in a short amount of time or each 3rd day of next month.

This means that if you were to use 3000 credits by the end of may, you'd pay for only 1000 credits on june 3rd.

I hope this is clear but let me know otherwise.

Regards.

May 10, 2022 at 2:24 pm #11190555

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

The advanced translation editor will not translate the products from scratch everytime, only when there are changes in the segments.

If you have something like "i like roses" and then you change it into "i like candy", you'll always translate 3 words (not just the changed one) but if you only change a price in the product, then you won't use any credits.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.