Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
October 22, 2020 at 5:09 pm #7288241

AndreasTanke1

I am trying to: build a multilanguage woocommerce webshop with wpml and divi

In the moment just the german version is active. And the Backend is extremely slow.
When I deactivate WPML it is really fast...
I've build in the moment just the german version, so no other languages are activated.
As cache I'm using wp-rocket and for the image optimization imagify.
I'm using divi builder.
The frontendspeed is ok, esp. with the cache plugin...

Can you help me to speed it up?

This page is a staging site from the live shop: aq4aquaristik.de

I can send you also credentials to the backend...

Best Regards

Andreas

October 25, 2020 at 10:13 am #7302563

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi, Andreas.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

I think that this problem that you are having on your site is caused by the German Market (hidden link) plugin that you are using. This plugin is not officially compatible with WPML and is not on our list here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

Furthermore, similar we already have similar reports about this issue. And we have published an errata page regarding it which you can see here.
https://wpml.org/errata/bad-performance-with-german-market-and-woocommerce-multilingual/
Please try to use the suggested workaround and see if it helps in your case. Please note that this code snippet was provided by the author of the plugin and not by our compatibility team.

It would be great if you could contact the authors and urge them to contact our compatibility (they should have the details) to continue working on this plugin and make it officially compatible with WPML.

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 25, 2020 at 7:58 pm #7303829

AndreasTanke1

Hi Itamar,
thanks for your hints, I've added the snippets, but the speed is still awful.

For a german webshop are german market or germanized mandatory. Without it is not possible to publish a webshop. The laws here in germany are really awful for web business.

So there are just two options.
1) to find a way, how the site is running with wpml AND german market in a good way,
2) just to work with a german webshop.

I would prefer the first one, 'cause I like WPML and use it for more than 10 years...

So can you please help me to speed it up?

Best Regards

Andreas

October 26, 2020 at 10:28 am #7306707

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello Andreas,

I will be taking over this ticket,

You mentioned when you disable WPML backend is fast, can you please try a few things for me and let me know how it goes.

Please make a backup before proceeding.

1) Please compare the number of queries and load time showing in the Query Monitor plugin when WPML enabled and when WPML disabled.

2) Disable all other plugins, leave active only WPML plugins and WooCommerce. Switch to the WP default theme. Check if the issue still happening.

If no, please enable 1 plugin by 1 and check which one is causing this issue.

This way we can confirm which plugin is causing the issue and suggest the next step.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Drazen

October 29, 2020 at 6:52 am #7331819

AndreasTanke1

Yes, I still need help, but it is a lot work work to check these things.
Will do it in the next days.

October 29, 2020 at 2:02 pm #7336371

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for the feedback.

Sure, take your time and let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Drazen

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.