Skip Navigation

Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe du WPML répond sur le forum 6 jours par semaine, 22 heures par jour.

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by Andrés il y a 5 years et 4 months.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Auteur Messages
juillet 15, 2015 à 9:47 #659612

Fabrice

​**I am trying to:
Resolve a problem submit by GWT
Google has detected that some pages on your site have implemented the rel-alternate-hreflang tag incorrectly. In particular, there seems to be a problem with incorrect language and region codes, or incorrect bi-directional linking

​**URL of (my) website where problem appears (in Google Webmaster Tools):
hidden link

On the code of the page hidden link
the href lang is well documented

<link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr-FR" href="hidden link" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en-US" href="hidden link" />

Concerning the RSS feed, there's no bi-directionnal linking

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Ô Pervenches RSS2 Feed" href="hidden link" />

What should I do to resolve this error reported by GWT ?

Thanks a lot !!

juillet 15, 2015 à 12:13 #659749

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello Fabrice

Welcome to WPML support forum,

I'm not sure to understand the first situation you present. Checking both pages, hidden link
hidden link
They both have the following tags as it's recommended by Google:

<link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr-FR" href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en-US" href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" />

How to Apply Good SEO to Multilingual Sites
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/multilingual-seo/

Regarding your second point, I'm not sure about what you are expecting about your RSS feed. Are you expecting to have a geographical tag for your feed as well ? If this is not what you are asking, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand?

I'll wait for your comments,
Andrés

juillet 16, 2015 à 3:07 #660823

Fabrice

I'm receiving this message from Google

Google has detected that some pages on your site have implemented the rel-alternate-hreflang tag incorrectly. In particular, there seems to be a problem with incorrect language and region codes, or incorrect bi-directional linking (if page A links with hreflang to page B, there must be a link back from B to A as well). Google uses the hreflang attributes to serve the correct language or regional URL to the right users in search results.

Until you correct the errors on the hreflang links, your website will not benefit from additional language or region targeting.

The error report concerning hidden link and hidden link for instance.

I don't see any error...But you may see smth I don't see..

Thanks for you help

juillet 16, 2015 à 9:59 #661068

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

I understand your concerned of receiving an e-mail of that kind.

This email from Google is part of a campaign to get a better implementation of hreflang attribute as it is a really useful tool for international SEO. However as we have seen in the code of that particular page and translation, they are properly bi-directionnal linked.

I don't think that there is an error on your site, but as this email is pretty standard, we haven't identified it. I invite you to open a thread in Webmaster Central Help Forum, in that way you can have a further explanation for this error and maybe identify an issue that we've overseen, as from my expertise there isn't one, and it looks more like a false positive.

There is a discussion group for talking about false positives from this campaign:
hidden link

I hope you find this information reassuring and don't hesitate to come back if you have any more information.
Best regards,
Andrés

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Ciblage international | Langue > "fr-FR" : aucune balise de renvoi’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.