Skip Navigation

Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe du WPML répond sur le forum 6 jours par semaine, 22 heures par jour.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum French. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

This topic contains 10 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by stephaneJ-8 Il y a 1 mois.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Auteur Messages
avril 3, 2021 à 3:41 #8460403

stephaneJ-8

Bonjour
Dans Gravity Forms j’ai plusieurs listes Pays.
En version anglaise les listes sont classées par ordre alphabétique.
Mais en version traduite (francais) les liste pays ne sont plus classées par ordre alphabétique mais dans le même ordre que la version Anglaise, ce qui pose un problème à mes utilisateurs français.
Pouvez vous m’aider à résoudre ce problème ?
Cordialement

avril 5, 2021 à 7:03 #8464939

Radu
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Stephane,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

I hope it's fine if I continue the discussion in English. if you want to talk in French with one of my colleagues, please let me know and I'll ask one of them to take this ticket.

First, can you tell me if you created the dropdown field of countries by using the option presented here, please?
hidden link

I just want to create the same field on my website and check this out, but first I need to make sure that I'm following the right steps.

Thanks,
Radu

avril 5, 2021 à 10:17 #8465697

stephaneJ-8

Dear Radu,
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I have created the field with the option you mentioned, but it is not a predefined choice but a custom selection.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards

avril 5, 2021 à 12:37 #8466503

Radu
Supporter

Hey Stephane,

I understand what you're looking for but I'm afraid that you can't automatically order the options alphabetically. The dropdown field is not made to arrange automatically the elements. It's just the way that each element was added to the list, which happens to be alphabetical. WPML only translates each element but keeps the same order.

It's like having a list of three elements: Apples, Bees, and Computers. When you translate them into French, for example, the list will be Pommes, Abeilles, and Ordinaterus. So the dropdown list will keep the order of the elements.

You can try to use a separate form for each language: one for English, and one for French. This way you'll be able to manually set the order of the countries on the French form.

Thanks,
Radu

avril 5, 2021 à 12:47 #8466523

stephaneJ-8

Dear Radu,
Thank you for your message.
Having a separate form for each language means I don't need WPML 😉
And it is not possible because I need to have just one Entry list.
You don't have any advice to solve this issue?
I think I am not the only one who got it.
Best regards

avril 5, 2021 à 1:02 #8466653

Radu
Supporter

Hey Stephane,

I had a closer look, searched for some workaround, but I'm afraid that there's nothing that can be done about this. For now, you can have the dropdown elements only translated, but you can't change their order.

Thanks,
Radu

avril 5, 2021 à 1:42 #8466865

stephaneJ-8

Dear Radu,
Thank you again for your message.
Do you know if it is possible to change the order manually only in the translated version and keep the original order in the primary language version? I mean, having different orders depending on the language version? Because we will implement soon new languages and it could be a big mess.
JG

avril 6, 2021 à 6:46 #8470635

Radu
Supporter

Hey JG,

That's what I've been looking for before sending my last message. However, I'm afraid that there's no workaround for this. The way that the Gravity Forms form is created doesn't give us the option to manually edit the translated form.
For now, we managed to make the form translatable but it is not like translating a post or page. This is the reason why we can't edit the translated form and change the order of the elements, we can only have the elements translated. Sorry that I cannot do more about this.

Thanks,
Radu

avril 6, 2021 à 10:27 #8472435

stephaneJ-8

Hi Radu,
Thank you for your message.
Maybe I can find a script that is able to re-order a dropdown list on page loading.
Do you have some information about this idea?
Best regards
JG

avril 6, 2021 à 12:05 #8473161

Radu
Supporter

Hey JG,

I looked for a piece of code to make this change too, but I'm afraid that I couldn't find any. I think that this kind of change requires some more custom coding. If you want, you can reach out to one of the contractors (https://wpml.org/contractors/).

Thanks,
Radu

avril 13, 2021 à 12:20 #8525111

stephaneJ-8

My issue is not resolved now.