Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe de WPML répond aux messages du forum 6 jours sur 7, 22 heures sur 24.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.30 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by Jamal il y a 3 mois et 3 semaines.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Auteur Messages
juin 19, 2019 à 10:22 #4050609

ianneK

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to transfer content from WPML’s translation editor to page content, but cannot find how!

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/
But missing the next step about transferring the translations!

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

juin 19, 2019 à 11:55 #4051255

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Please make sure that the translation is 100% and then click on save. See the attached image
hidden link

Or maybe you talk about configuring which Translation Editor to use. You will need to do that in WPML->Settings.

Otherwise, please elaborate a little more on your question, add a screenshot or screencast if possible and explain similarly to:
1. I go to xxx
2. I do xxx
3. I expect to have xxx
4. Instead, I get xxx

PS: Feel free to use French as it is the French forum.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

juin 19, 2019 à 12:39 #4051443

ianneK

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The translation is already 100% and we have clicked on save. But the content is still on French in our Spanish page (created from a duplicated of French page). We are using ACF if that has an impact. And as you will see in the enclosed screenshots the icons relative to each translation does not have a finalised status (still 'in progress').
Thank you for your help

juin 19, 2019 à 12:41 #4051537

ianneK

Sorry, I said Spanish version but it's the English one.
We have actually an additional issue on the Spanish one, for which, each time we save at 100% and come back it goes back to 80% by unselecting randomly translations!!

juin 19, 2019 à 2:17 #4052099

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

ACF fields may be non-translatable. To check the translation status of each custom field. Please follow our article on how to translate sites built with ACF.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

Check also how to translate custom fields https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Finally, can you allow me temporary access to your website and specify a page that is causing this issue.

Regarding the issue you are having with Spanish translation, i suspect that it is related to MaxInputVars(currently at 1000). Please ask your hosting provider to increase its value to 3000 or better 10000.

Best regards,
Jamal

juin 19, 2019 à 3:27 #4052807

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I just tried to complete the translation too to no avail.
I tested with a new private page and the translation completed successfully. See the page and translations here:
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

I think that the low value of MaxInputVars is behind it. According to php.net Max Input Vars is the maximum number of variables your server can use for a single function to avoid overloads.

Can you please ask your hosting provider to increase the MaxInputVars value to 3000 and to increase the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT to 128M and try again?

Best regards,
Jamal

juin 19, 2019 à 3:36 #4052887

ianneK

Ok, thank you for your tests. I will contact my provider (or will try a work around) and come back to you.
Best reagrds,
Eric

juin 19, 2019 à 3:58 #4053101

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Eric,

Let me know what you get after that. I'll set this ticket as waiting feedback.

Best regards,
Jamal

juin 20, 2019 à 7:43 #4057307

ianneK

Hi Jamal,
Quick question to try a side door solution: we have a huge number of fields-xxx with numbers that are listed and totally not needed! We have looked the whole night were to found them but found no clue!!!
Thanks for your help

juin 20, 2019 à 9:27 #4058093

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Eric,

Sure. Custom fields are stored as metadata in the database table wp_postmeta, where wp_ is the prefix of your WordPress installation.
You either delete them from the database. In that case, you need to look for the entries that have a post_id equal to the page id.
Or you delete them through the WordPress user interface. In that case, you will need to use a plugin to activate custom fields user interface on pages. Then you can delete manually each field by clearing the key and the value. Here a basic article about custom fields
https://wordpress.org/support/article/custom-fields/

Let me know if this needs more explanation. I can create a test server to demonstrate that.

Best regards,
Jamal