Skip Navigation

Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe du WPML répond sur le forum 6 jours par semaine, 22 heures par jour.

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by Jamal il y a 8 months.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Auteur Messages
février 19, 2020 à 7:50 #5527231

partn

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to translate only what is published on my website but i can't find a way to do that. For now its only possible to translate all plugins or all theme. But there is a lot content which is not useful for my website.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?

février 20, 2020 à 12:55 #5533105

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I assume that you are talking about string translation, right?
If it is the case, you can translate only the strings that you need. It is not required to translate all strings.

If it is not the case, please provide examples and more details on what you want to translate and what you do not want.

PS: Feel free to use French as you have posted this ticket into the French support forum.

Best regards,
Jamal

février 20, 2020 à 4:29 #5535055

partn

Thanks for the quick reply.
So I think you are right, it’s the strings that I have to translate. But how can know which one are used in website and which one are not. Because it’s a lot a strings there and I can’t translate all. (2813 strings) just for one plugin.

Thank you.

février 20, 2020 à 5:50 #5535613

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Right now, there is no way to know from the String Translation screen which strings are used in the frontend and which do not. This feature was asked several times and we have it scheduled for next releases, there is still no estimated time for when it will be released.

You can also suggest it again here https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/
As many customers ask for it, the product managers will prioritize it.

Finally, I suggest that you visit the front and if you see a string not translated, search for it in WPML->String Translation.