Skip Navigation

Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe du WPML répond sur le forum 6 jours par semaine, 22 heures par jour.

This topic contains 25 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by didierP-5 Il y a 2 ans et 3 mois.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Auteur Messages
décembre 28, 2018 à 6:05 #3040986

didierP-5

I have two languages with many medias and pages : greek and italian. I want to delete all medias and pages about these languages. I tried to activite again thes languahges and delete pictures and pages . Nothing staying . But when I get back i WPML dashabord it stays for exemple 3442 medias !!!
Could you help me... I have already many difficulties with WPML since one month (problem with mismatch but nobody respond me...) Its a probleme for me now..

décembre 28, 2018 à 6:15 #3040994

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support. I will do my best to help you solve this problem.

In order to remove the media you need to follow this steps:
- Make sure the languages are enabled in WPML -> Languages.
- Go to Media -> Library -> Select list view -> Filter by the language you desire to remove -> Remove the media elements in the languages desired.
- Go to Pages -> Filter by the language you desire to remove -> Remove the pages.
- Go to WPML -> Languages -> Remove the languages.

Could you tell me the results of the steps above?

Kind regards,
Carlos

décembre 28, 2018 à 6:55 #3041038

didierP-5

I have already make it but it doesnt change on WPML dashboard

Capture d’écran 2018-12-28 à 19.47.02.png
Capture d’écran 2018-12-28 à 19.51.13.png
décembre 31, 2018 à 4:49 #3045859

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for you message.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Looking forward to your answer.
Happy New Year!
Carlos

décembre 31, 2018 à 5:56 #3045988

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

Before we continue I need to ask you to Go to WPML -> Languages and activate the disabled languages that you want to remove the content from.

Regards,
Carlos

décembre 31, 2018 à 6:07 #3046084

didierP-5

Its OK...
Please when you come in my website... could tell me why my Avada's theme dont display the sama setting between English and French its especially on the menu ....I dont understand what happen..

décembre 31, 2018 à 6:11 #3046099

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you describe with more details what is the issue with Avada and the menus? Maybe attaching some screenshots.

I also recommend you to visit this links related to the subject:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/
- https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/using-wpml-with-the-avada-theme/

Regards,
Carlos

décembre 31, 2018 à 6:12 #3046100

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Also, I can't see the languages you desire to remove in the site in WPML -> Languages.

I need to have this languages activated in the site before remove them.

Regards,
Carlos

décembre 31, 2018 à 6:16 #3046102

didierP-5

Here I activated Greek and Italian;
I send you my two screenshot. Before I didn't have cany problems. This is the setting of menu bar... space and line in the dropdown menu...
Thanks

Capture d’écran 2018-12-31 à 19.13.28.png
Capture d’écran 2018-12-31 à 19.14.09.png
décembre 31, 2018 à 6:26 #3046182

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for the screenshots.

In this case you need to follow the documentation about Avada and WPML I shared in my previous message.

I'm going to be taking a deeper look at the issue related to languages to delete.

I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.
Regards,
Carlos

décembre 31, 2018 à 6:42 #3046186

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Could you confirm that you made a full backup of the website?

Regards,
Carlos

décembre 31, 2018 à 6:52 #3046199

didierP-5

It is ongoing , ended for one hour...sorry...
This is not an Avada problem , this is WPML issue.. The last update wasn't good... I have many mismatch problem but anyone respoind me...

janvier 2, 2019 à 4:04 #3049801

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

As the issue with Avada is different than the original issue I kindly ask you to open a new ticket and describe the steps to reproduce the problem. This way you will have a better support experience and we will be following the forum's rule of one ticket per issue. Also, this will help future clients to find answers to similar questions.

Regarding the original issue related to the removal of the languages:
- Please confirm you authorize me to remove this languages from the site.
- Please confirm that a full backup of the site is made already.

Regards,
Carlos

janvier 2, 2019 à 8:13 #3050431

didierP-5

Hi Carlos,
It’s Ok the website is backup and if you want to delete Greek and Italian it’s ok for me.

janvier 3, 2019 à 1:50 #3052962

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your confirmation.

I just removed all the data from Greek and Italian languages. There are still two or three elements that I couldn't find in the site to remove, but this won't create any issue.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?
Regards,
Carlos