Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe de WPML répond aux messages du forum 6 jours sur 7, 22 heures sur 24.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum French. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Le mid header du thème emarket est cassé Solution: There is something you could try (if your theme allows it): - activate WPML - export all the theme settings - deactivate WPML and import these settings

This topic contains 16 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by nicolas.P il y a 1 mois et 1 semaine.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Auteur Messages
août 17, 2019 à 1:13

nicolas.P

Bonjour,

Le design du mid header du thème est cassé suite à la désactivation de WPML.

Merci de trouver une solution.

Cordialement,

Nicolas.

août 20, 2019 à 5:56 #4420647

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I hope you don't mind if I answer in English - if you prefer a French supporter, let me know, but many (almost all) of our French supporters are on vacation this week so I am stepping in.

I've used hidden link to translate you issue and let me try answering:

So the issue is that when WPML is deactivated, header is gone? I'm not sure how to assist at this point, because we cannot debug WPML or any of its functions if it is not active.

What was on the header? Was there a menu perhaps something like that? Perhaps you should check theme settings that control these header or try the activating other plugins, maybe a culprit is there.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

août 20, 2019 à 7:35 #4421105

nicolas.P

Hello Bruno.

I'm able to write in english.

Indeed, when I disable the plugin, many functionnalities of the website becomes break.
For the header, the height becomes large.

I have disabled all the others plugins to check and only WPML is making that issue when I disable it. And all returns normal when I enable it.

I don't how the plugin is working (about code) but indeed It's not good if plugin break my website when it's disabled.

You have normally access to credentials to check by your side.

I hope you will find a solution on that or check with the team of compatibility about the theme Emarket.

Thank you.

août 20, 2019 à 8:06 #4421433

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The values your theme returned to, which are theme defaults - is something within those default settings broken (meaning, that something is not working as it should anymore, even default theme options?)

There is something you could try (if your theme allows it):
- activate WPML
- export all the theme settings
- deactivate WPML and import these settings

Does it change anything?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

août 20, 2019 à 9:01 #4421929

nicolas.P

Re,

Thank Bruno for your support.

here is what I followed.

I have created a clean wordpress and I have installed the theme, made CSS modifications on main page and I have installed WPML.
When I have enabled WPML, It have broken all the website in default values and made mistakes in CSS. All return normal when I have disabled it.

After that I have followed you way and it seems it have resolved most of the issues. (header, footer, issue about picture loading after click on the product, woocommerce checkout).

I suppose it's not normal that create issue like that (after enable or disable),and I have didn't made any translation actually).

Your help showed me a way to follow.

août 20, 2019 à 10:46 #4422813

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I suppose that this is the theme, correct?
- eMarket - Multi Vendor MarketPlace WordPress Theme (7+ Homepages & 2 Mobile Layouts Ready)

On this page, they say that it is compatible with WPML:
hidden link

However, when I search it within our list of compatible themes, it is not there:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=112654&dev%5B%5D=0&wpv-theme-category=0&wpv_post_search=eMarket&wpv_filter_submit=Search

This does not mean that it is not compatible, but it has not been tested by our team and hence there may be issues with it. There was another issue with this theme:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/les-drapeaux-ne-saffichent-pas-lorsque-pull-right-est-active/

And I see that you reported in fact. When our compatibility team is testing themes, it's takes into account a huge amount of variables and scenarios. Therefore, may I suggest that you provide this link to the theme authors:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

And tell them that WPML is inviting them to join our Go-Global program. You can also inform them about the issue you're having with the theme, so that they can pass it to our compatibility team as well through the Go-Global program.

Because apparently, there seem to be issues with WPML and this theme, so it may not be completely compatible yet (even though authors say so).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

août 20, 2019 à 2:25 #4424417

nicolas.P

Re,

Related with your post, I sent to them a message but what I have to proceed actually, leave your plugin ?

I mean if your compatibility team cannot help me now and i don't know when that theme will be fully compatible, Unfortunally I will have to change.

what do you think ?

Cordially,

Nicolas.

août 21, 2019 à 5:35 #4428097

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

At this point, we can do the following:

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: wrFj46HY1rI0

This is a clean sandbox installation with WPML and other plug-ins already installed. Can you install your theme there and tell me how can we reproduce the issue, by giving us the exact steps? Is it about changing some settings on the theme, activating/deactivating WPML or something else?

Also, what can we see the issue and how? It will help us to have as much as information possible. This

After this, I will send this to our compatibility team for investigations.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

août 21, 2019 à 9:00 #4429237

nicolas.P

Hello Bruno,

I have added my theme in your sandbox with it's last version 1.6.7

My actual version of actual issues was 1.6.6 so I have updated it.

You can make you tests now but you can do the actions below.

On main page, click on a product and check the header. (the header will don't change).
Now enable wpml and click on a product, the header will change in basic design.

As previous version, kindly try to put the flag on the top header of theme on ''pull-right''. flag will disappear.

you can test by make it with visual in ''personalize-widget'' and pull right. You will see an issue.

In this theme version, When widget is enabled on main page (or at the footer in list displaying),dropdown will not work properly and will don't show all languages.

Cordially,

Nicolas.

août 21, 2019 à 11:18 #4430661

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I can see the following issues:
- Now enable wpml and click on a product, the header will change in basic design. -
- dropdown will not work properly and will don't show all languages.
-- here e.g. hidden link

The pull-right thing - is not resolved by this?
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/les-drapeaux-ne-saffichent-pas-lorsque-pull-right-est-active/#post-4407211

Let me know and I will escalate the above to our compatibility team.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

août 21, 2019 à 11:47 #4430931

nicolas.P

Re,

That tests was to show the issues is not linked with my wordpress but with a defaut compatibility.

the issues to resolve is linked with all posts I sent last week end but as you said, make a theme 100% compatible with a plugin takes some times. But actually, if all issues I sent could be resolved, It could be great (indeed ''pull right'' is now resolved, just a proof issue is not only with my installation).

Thank you Bruno.

août 21, 2019 à 11:59 #4431069

nicolas.P

Re,

I forgot,

when I do that :

There is something you could try (if your theme allows it):
- activate WPML
- export all the theme settings
- deactivate WPML and import these settings

It resolve some bugs but some others cannot be restored in good value when WPML is activated or disabled as screenshot linked. the issue was sent previously. (the screenshot show a good displaying when WPML is disabled).

août 21, 2019 à 12:40 #4431457

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Also, as for "dropdown will not work properly and will don't show all languages.", I noticed that this language switcher was in fact a regular text, hence it didn't change.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

août 21, 2019 à 12:46 #4431473

nicolas.P

Re,

Thank you Bruno.

For your information, I wrote to the Theme's author and I'm waiting for his reply.

Thank you for your work and your time and I'm waiting for your feedback.

Nicolas.

août 21, 2019 à 12:51 #4431479

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Ok, sounds like a plan!

Regards,
Bruno Kos