Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe de WPML répond aux messages du forum 6 jours sur 7, 22 heures sur 24.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum French. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by Bobby il y a 2 mois.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Auteur Messages
août 21, 2019 à 8:14 #4434917

antoninR-2

Hi,

I added and translated my website in two languages (French - main and English).

When I click for English version, website loads 2,3 seconds and then come back to french version. Do you know why?

Thanks,

août 21, 2019 à 11:12 #4435321

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

at the moment i am not able to test this on your site as i do not have the URL

but please go to WPML->Languages->Browser language redirection

please let me know if its activated ?

also go to hidden link add your URL and let me know your results please

août 22, 2019 à 6:54 #4436939

antoninR-2

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. That indeed works when I desactivate the browser language redirection. Does that mean an english guy will anyway has our website in french first and then will have to click on english version?

I have just notice a bug also for the english version. My background picture is moving (pictures enclosed) do you know why?

How can I add also the choice of language into the sticky menu?

Thanks

août 22, 2019 à 6:56 #4442293

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

I assume your site's default language is French and secondary is English

when anybody visits your site they will get the French version by default then the visitor can use the language switcher in your menu to switch to English.

If you have Language Browser Redirection activated then a visitor using their browser in the English language will be redirected to the English version and if they are using their browser in French they will be shown the French version. (regardless their country origin , this is based off the browser language)

To Directly answer your question bellow : yes that is correct (without browser language redirection )

Does that mean an english guy will anyway has our website in french first and then will have to click on english version?
How can I add also the choice of language into the sticky menu?

from your screenshot i can see that you have added the language switcher in the menu, you an control this from within WPML->language->Menu language switcher.

from within there if you wish you can deactivate showing the "current language" which would allow the user to see only the other available language.

Also regarding your background image , i would recommend to go to pages and edit your page

then on the header use the top language switcher and in a new tab open the translation (this will keep you in the page builder view [ignore the warning], then verify that you are using th same settings for both pages )

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Problem English website loading’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.