Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe de WPML répond aux messages du forum 6 jours sur 7, 22 heures sur 24.

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by mounirM-2 il y a 2 mois et 2 semaines.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Auteur Messages
août 1, 2019 à 8:00 #4319477

mounirM-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? Im' trying to translate "PLEASE SHARE THIS" on the blog articles and I cannot find it .

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

août 1, 2019 à 9:04 #4320053

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

This string is probably a theme option or a plugin option. We will be able to translate it following this documentation article.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Check these tickets that might be about the same issue:
- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-string-help/
- https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-plugin-string/

If you find troubles locating or translating the string, please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

PS: Feel free to use French as you have posted this ticket into the French support forum.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

août 1, 2019 à 3:00 #4323143

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I located the string as an option in admin strings, see the attached image. I make it translatable, and it was registered as French string, I changed its language to English then translated it. But I could not find where it is shown in the frontend to verify if it was resolved.

Please check if the issue is resolved. If not, please share a URL where I can see the issue.

Best regards,
Jamal

août 1, 2019 à 3:07 #4323331

mounirM-2

Hi there,

It does not appear anymore.

Please advise. user cannot hare anymore.

Regards

août 1, 2019 à 3:34 #4323485

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Sure, please attach a screenshot for me to know where it was visible before. I'll try to investigate that.

Best regards,
Jamal

août 2, 2019 à 6:27 #4327177

mounirM-2

Hi,

Please find attached the image.

août 2, 2019 à 9:29 #4328491

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I tried to find where the social share link is defined in the backend without success. I might need your help here.

So I started by reverting the changes I have made previously, I reconfigured the string to not be translatable and then removed it from the String Translation. This did not make the social share link appear.
I then disabled WPML to check, and purged the cache, the link is not available either.

Can you please try to show the link without WPML being active. Then activate WPML, if the link disappears, we can assume WPML is the cause. As of now, I don't believe WPML is the cause of this issue.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

août 2, 2019 à 1:20 #4330229

mounirM-2

Hi,
I deactivated a plugin when I was trying to resolve the issue. Now it's there but in English again :-(.
Sorry, please help
Regards

août 2, 2019 à 3:06 #4331009

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I think that the sharing string is configurable in WordPress theme customizer, see the attached image, but somehow this is not working.
To confirm that, I have created a new website with French as a primary language. Please use the following link to log in hidden link
Please install your theme and use the Ocean Social Sharing plugin, if needed, to reproduce the issue.
I guess that you won't be able to make that string in French even without WPML. In this case, you will need to contact the theme's or plugin's author for assistance.

If you are able to make it in French, activate WPML, configure English as a secondary language and translate the string in String Translation. If it does not work, I'll escalate the issue to our compatibility team.

Best regards,
Jamal

août 2, 2019 à 3:16 #4331073

mounirM-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!