Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe de WPML répond aux messages du forum 6 jours sur 7, 22 heures sur 24.

This topic contains 9 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by boulouS il y a 5 ans et 6 mois.

Assigned support staff: George Botsev.

Auteur Messages
novembre 5, 2014 à 1:16 #506140

boulouS

I am trying to: translate the word items in article in french

I visited this URL:hidden link

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

novembre 5, 2014 à 2:40 #506229

George Botsev
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Europe/Sofia (GMT+03:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting us.

Can you provide debug information from WPML plugin?
I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Please check also that "Translate by WPML" is selected in WPML >> Theme and plugin localization
and also try to rescan your theme for strings. Then you could search for this string using WPML >> String Translation module.

novembre 5, 2014 à 3:15 #506270

boulouS

WPML Multilingual CMS Installées Oui 3.1.5
WPML CMS Nav Installées Oui 1.4.3
WPML String Translation Installées Oui 2.0.5
WPML Sticky Links Installées Oui 1.3.3
WPML Translation Management Installées Oui 1.9.4
WPML Translation Analytics Installées Oui 1.0.4
WPML XLIFF Installées Oui 0.9.4
WPML Media Installées Oui 2.1.4
WooCommerce Multilingual Installées Oui 3.3.1
JigoShop Multilingual Not installed Non n/a
Gravity Forms Multilingual Not installed Non n/a
CRED Frontend Translation Not installed Non n/a
Installer Not installed Non n/a

novembre 5, 2014 à 3:18 #506273

George Botsev
Supporter

Could you please update your WPML plugin to the latest version 3.1.8.2 and addons to benefit from the latest bug fixes and improvements ? This may not necessarily resolve your problem however, in order to troubleshoot the issue best we need to work on the latest code available.

You can check the latest released versions under "My Account -> Downloads" on this site. Instructions to update can be found here: http://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

Please remember to backup your database first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like (example: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/)

Let me know if issue persists after update has been done

novembre 5, 2014 à 3:43 #506297

boulouS

Sorry I dont want to update wpml with wordpress 4 for the moment (I have contasted some problems) and the translation for this word item or items normaly have a solution without updating it is not a bug just a problem of translation.

novembre 5, 2014 à 3:48 #506303

George Botsev
Supporter

This string probably is in your theme.
So to translate it (if the string is correctly registered and wrapped in gettext call) you have to scan the theme for strings using string translation module in WPML >> String Translation.
I need to ask you for a temporary access, in order to try to check for a solution for your problem.
You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

novembre 6, 2014 à 8:39 #506657

George Botsev
Supporter

I will never modify anything without your approval.
I think that I have solved your issue by using the solution provided by my colleague here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/strings-translated-do-not-appear-and-some-others-are-not-scanned-by-wpml/#post-454071

novembre 6, 2014 à 9:02 #506675

boulouS

Thanks a lot for your help for this problem, because I have the same on another website and I would lile to undeersand and change items by articles or item by article.
best regards.

novembre 6, 2014 à 9:21 #506687

George Botsev
Supporter

Well, since you are using quite old version, and this might be a issue with string translations, I have used the solution from my colleague Dat Hoang.
I have created a text file via Notepad with the contents in this format:

msgid "item"
msgstr "article"

msgid "items"
msgstr "articles"

I have saved this as item.po and I have imported this in WPML >> String Translation >> by using browse to select the .po file and selecting the correct context - in this case "theme woothemes" and selecting the option : Also create translations according to the .po file and selecting French and then importing.
After that I was presented with the two strings for approval - I have selected them and approved them and they were translated.

I hope that this helps you.

novembre 6, 2014 à 9:38 #506710

boulouS

Thanks a lot, I am very happy I will try to do this on the other website with the theme Mystile.
Have a nice day !
Sandra