Skip Navigation

Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe du WPML répond sur le forum 6 jours par semaine, 22 heures par jour.

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by isabelleB-5 il y a 2 years et 8 months.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Auteur Messages
mars 27, 2018 à 3:01 #1558041

isabelleB-5

Bonjour,

je tente de traduire le texte optionnel dans l'extension Genesis eNews extended

URL de (mon) site Internet où le problème apparaît : canadamazing.ca (mode coming soon pour l'instant)

J'ai tenté de me rendre dans "localisation du thème et des plugins" et de faire une analyse puis de retourner dans traduction de chaîne, mais le texte n'y ait toujours pas.

J'y trouve le titre de l'extension, mais pas le texte avant le formulaire. (voir capture d'écran)

Merci pour votre aide.

p.s. If it's faster, you can answer in english, I just find it easier to explain in french... Thanks

mars 28, 2018 à 10:04 #1559534

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello

This is most likely because the text is a considered a "configurable" text and as such, needs to be registered for translation via the tab:
WPML > Translation Management > Custom XML Configuration

The format and method to register this theme/plugin option is described here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/
See section "5. Admin texts / wp_options"

If you prefer that I assist you to do this, please write back with system access details (wp-admin), install&activate the ARI Adminer plugin and also detail the steps to find the screenshot that you inclueded in your message (i.e. where you enter the text you want to translate).

I am opening the private area for this information. The details will only be visible to you and WPML Support.

Thanks.

mars 29, 2018 à 5:41 #1560418

isabelleB-5

This is beyond my skill and the text you refered me to, is not at all clear, maybe if it was in french I could try to figure it out but for now...

As I realised this was not the only plugin I was having probleme with custom text, I think I will just use the language restriction at the bottom of each of the widget and duplicate them, one in french and one in english. Unless you tell me I should not do it that way. In that case, I wil provide you with the acces details needed. Thanks for your help anyway 🙂

avril 2, 2018 à 6:59 #1561956

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

If this works for you, it is perfectly reasonable and is also one of the recommended ways to translate widgets with WPML Widgets when String Translation cannot be used for some reason.

I´m glad you have found a solution.

avril 2, 2018 à 7:06 #1562577

isabelleB-5

OK, I will do it like that. Thank you for your time 🙂