Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Prosenjit Barman 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
June 6, 2023 at 3:49 pm #13780413

saskiaB-9

I am trying to:
Approve the translation of a custom post type, even though content is set to be published without review.

I have a custom post type for "FAQs". All content is set to translate automatically and be published without review. There is at least one FAQ item that shows up in English on the Spanish version of the site. I've tried approving the translation many times, but nothing seems to work. The translation status remains as pending review, and the content on the Spanish site remains in English.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Screenshot 2023-06-06 114807.png
Screenshot 2023-06-06 114725.png
Screenshot 2023-06-06 114632.png
June 7, 2023 at 5:36 am #13781991

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support.

I can understand that one of the posts is stuck in the review phase. This type of issue most of the time happens due to switching between the translation review method.

We have successfully been able to trace his issue and published an Errata mentioning the Workaround. Kindly check the Errata below and follow the steps accordingly. I hope I will help to solve the issue.

- https://wpml.org/errata/jobs-are-stuck-in-pending-for-review-status/

Please let me know if you're getting the expected result after that. Feel free to let me know if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 8, 2023 at 2:41 pm #13793919

saskiaB-9

Hello,
After following those steps I was able to approve the translations and they're no longer stuck in Pending Review.
But now, I've gone into the original language version of the post, made changes to the original content and saved those changes (without checking the "minor edit") box. This is supposed to trigger an update of the translations (it's all set to translate everything automatically) but this doesn't happen. When I go into the translation, the "Original" content is not updated and it does not reflect the current content of the original post.

Translation-doesnt-match.png
Current-Post-Content.png
June 9, 2023 at 11:22 am #13799169

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hello There,

Glad to hear that the previous issue is resolved now.

Regarding the other issue that you've mentioned- I understood that the newly added contents aren't showing in the Translation editor. Before adding the translation, will you please clear the caches properly from your site and browser as well?

If the issue persists even after that, then please try the steps below and check if that helps.

- Go to "WPML > Support" and click on the "Troubleshooting" link.
- Right below the "Clean up" section, you'll find several options. Please click on the options marked on this screenshot(hidden link) one by one.

I hope it will help to solve the issue. But, if you need further assistance, feel let me know. I will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 13, 2023 at 3:17 pm #13818623

saskiaB-9

Hello, thanks for your assistance. I have followed the steps outlined in your solution, but the issue still persists. The "Original" content is not being updated when I update the post, so the translation doesn't update either.

June 14, 2023 at 12:04 pm #13824821

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,

Thanks for trying out the suggestions. As the issue persists even after that, a closer inspection will require to understand the root cause. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site along with the link to the page where you're having the issue to take a better look at the issue.

It would be better to have a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Looking forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 23, 2023 at 2:42 am #13881485

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
I hope you're doing well.

My colleague has informed me that you wish to reopen this thread. Please note that threads are typically marked as resolved after 7-15 days of inactivity. However, I reopened this thread for you and also enabled the private box for you so that you can securely share the access in the next response.

Let me know if you want to share any additional information regarding the issue. I will be happy to help you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

June 26, 2023 at 9:05 am #13893555

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Hi There,
I hope you're doing well. Sorry for the delay in responding due to the weekend.

Thanks for sharing the steps. It really helps me to trace the issue.

However, after a thorough investigation, I have successfully been able to trace the root cause and solve the issue. The translation for the main content was added in the String Translation which is not the ideal approach. That is why, the translation update wasn't triggering after making changes to the default contents.

I removed the translation from "WPML > String Translation" and after that, the translation update started to show after making a small change in the post title. Please check this video(hidden link) for a better understanding.

As "Translate Automatically" and "Publish without Review" is enabled on your site, the contents will be translated and published automatically after some time. If you check now, you'll find that post was correctly translated into other languages.

Please let me know if the instructions help or if you need further assistance in this matter. I will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.