Skip Navigation

Il s'agit du forum d'assistance technique de WPML, le plug-in multilingue pour WordPress.

Il est accessible à tous, toutefois seuls les clients de WPML peuvent y publier leurs messages. L'équipe du WPML répond sur le forum 6 jours par semaine, 22 heures par jour.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.74 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Marqué : 

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 participants.

Last updated by Bruno il y a 1 year et 5 months.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Auteur Messages
mars 26, 2019 à 4:40

Mona

Hi,
When I publish a new English post, the homepage is udpating for logged out users and the new post is appearing. But when I do the same for a french post, it doesn't update the french homepage of my blog for logged out users. My host told me to see with WPML support. Thanks.

mars 27, 2019 à 3:41 #3467451

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. How are you adding a new post? I see that it is possible to do this usually through the backend (WordPress default), but also through the front-end, by the "Add Post" button.

Is this happening when you publish, for example, a page? Posting a new post in French, and accessing the post directly, the content is not displayed? By your description, this seems to be a cache issue.

Thank you.

mars 27, 2019 à 2:53 #3472191

Mona

Hi,
The problem is appearing when I publish a new french post from the classical WordPress dashboard. When i go through this post, it's displaying, no problem. However, on the french homepage, hidden link as a logged out user, the new post is not showing untill I clear the cache.
The problem is not appearing on the US version of the website (merco6.com).
Thanks.

mars 27, 2019 à 4:25 #3473667

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you. This really seems to be a cache problem. Following the steps below the post is displayed in French:

- Create a post in French
- Click on the WP Engine > General Settings
- Click on the "Purge All Caches" button
- Go to the front-end (you can use the private window)
- Switch to French and note that the post was created correctly.

That is, the post does not appear instantly because of the cache. You should contact your web host and explain that by following the steps above, you can view the new post. Maybe they have to do some configuration in their cache for this to work properly.

Thank you.

avril 7, 2019 à 10:36 #3551271

Mona

Hi,
Thank you very much for your support.
Every time a new sublanguage post is published, I have to purge cache. That's my host told me also.
Do you know if there is a way to tell my Cache to purge the sublanguage homepage each time a new sublanguage post is published?
In other terms, how does caching run when a new post is published on the standard homepage to make it display the new english post, and how to do same in my french homepage?
Thanks!

avril 8, 2019 à 7:21 #3561035

Bruno

Hi,

This may be some option from your host's cache. This does not seem to be related to WPML because probably without the cache enabled, this should work perfectly.

Maybe your host needs to update some caching rule in order for your site to work properly in both languages.

Have you tried checking with your host about updating some caching rule to make your site work correctly?

Thank you.

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] Website is not updating after new post in the sub language’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.