Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 20, 2022 at 3:58 pm #11057285

jelle-jacobd

Hi,

When importing cross-sell / upsell ids with SKU as reference (SKU is the same for both languages) Products ID's from secondary language are imported in primary language and vice versa. What should I do? Seems like the import is not checking language for the SKU or Products ID's when importing?

Thanks!

Br, Jelle

April 21, 2022 at 4:39 pm #11067317

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support service. Before consulting our second level support regarding this issue, I would appreciate to know if you have a staging/test website where the issue is reproduced and the detailed step by step on how to replicate it. It will help me to get enough details to consult and involve our second level support in this discussion.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Have a nice day.

April 22, 2022 at 7:23 am #11071031

jelle-jacobd

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for getting back at me. Unfortunately, I don't have a staging environment available at the moment. I do have some screenshots from my bulk editing tool that shows the products and cross-sell/upsell ID's for both languages after an import. As you will see, some of the ID's are the same, which shouldn't be possible in my opinion as the products for both languages have different ID's? If you want, I can provide you with the login credentials to replicate it yourself?

English is the primary language. Dutch secondary.

Br, Jelle

7967f77e21ff76a528e9d5e2bfc9e838.png
662c6498854f756fe1ac9f71c9bd4f31.png
April 25, 2022 at 4:45 pm #11091399

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know when the migration process is done. Thanks.

April 26, 2022 at 3:25 pm #11098101

jelle-jacobd

Hi Marcos,

Thanks! I checked the translation setting, and it is set to default or auto setting.
I migrated the website trough Cloudways, please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks, Jelle

April 26, 2022 at 3:59 pm #11098409

jelle-jacobd

Hi Marcos,

It seems like the migration failed, what should I do?

Br, Jelle

April 28, 2022 at 2:21 am #11109971

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Sorry for the failed migration process, most likely it happened due server capacity. Please, let's try this alternative to debug your website:

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.
Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

Note: In case you find issues while exporting your website using Duplicator, please, try the package export process using this alternative plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

Thank you for your collaboration. Have a nice day.

April 28, 2022 at 2:33 pm #11115611

jelle-jacobd

Hi,

In the meantime, I created a staging environment for you to use on my own server. So no duplicator package is needed.

Where can I share the login/ftp credentials?

Thanks!

Br, Jelle

May 4, 2022 at 2:38 pm #11152433

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the wait. The next reply is marked as private, this way you can safely provide the access details for your staging website. Thank you for your collaboration and patience.

Have a nice day.

May 6, 2022 at 3:37 pm #11169669

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I took a look at your WordPress Dashboard, checked your settings, however, I am still not sure how to replicate the issue.

In previous reply I asked for a detailed step by step on how to replicate it, including the file you are importing, this way we can check if the file references translated content properly using a unique identifier (see: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/#How-To-Import-WooCommerce-Products).

Definetly this is a case where our second level support should be contacted as I am not sure the reason for the mixed import IDs, however, in order to consult them we really need to know the details on how the issue could be replicated from scracth.

Thank you for your collaboration and understanding. Have a nice day.

May 9, 2022 at 9:28 am #11179349

jelle-jacobd

Hi,

My pleasure. Please replicate the issue via the bulk editor: Products > WooCommerce advanced bulk edit.

Select language English in top menu bar if not already selected. Then in Title field bulk editor search f.e. on: Edda M and click Get products. Scroll down to search results and check fields Up-sells and/or Cross-Sells (see screenshot). If you check ID's in one of these columns, you will notice not all products are imported correctly. F.e. Product ID 75496 represents EDDA L, but from Dutch Language as seen in screenshot 2. These ID's are added to the primary language (EN) related and cross-sell fields instead of the secondary language (NL) after running import GS Light4U product import (NL).

Screenshot three shows bulk editor selection for same product in NL. As you will see it shows some of the same ID's, not all which should be the case.

This happens for all most all products, so it's not just an issue with this particular product.

Hope this is detailed enough.

Thanks, Jelle

439a25c3cd62cb1b5dba488c781f3c3a.png
667bd536a3f61c279b044ad98ef1e01b.png
7b916bee0c89e4bb85bc69ae412f7962.png
May 10, 2022 at 1:48 pm #11190301

jelle-jacobd

Hi,

Can you provide with a progress update? My client is pushing me to get it fixed as well. Thanks! Jelle

May 11, 2022 at 6:57 pm #11202305

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

Marcos is currently away, however, I have stepped in to keep the debugging process going.

I was able to reproduce the issue with the above steps and can confirm that if you manually add the correct product id it will show (for example I did this with Edda Rec and it showed correctly)

Noticed that when you are importing the products you are doing this using SKU, I wonder if possible, please try the import with a Connector field other than SKU, this connect field will need to be added to both the primary and the secondary language.

Then additionally confirm that the correct SKUs are present in the csv(I am sure you have but it's always good to check), also if possible could you share the 2 csv files you are using with us.

In the meantime I am also running some standard debugging processes through WooCommerce Troubleshooting, however, do update me with the above items as we should be able to fix this during the import. Seems like something is off with the ID connection for the linked products.

May 12, 2022 at 8:00 am #11205485

jelle-jacobd

Hi Bobby,

Thank! Yes, would be nice if we can resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Good to hear you could reproduce the issue. Correct, I'm using as SKU as I don't have another unique identifier, unfortunately. I shared the CSV/Google Sheet I'm using for importing the products. Please check the link below. I'm using the same sheet for both English and Dutch, as only the product description is different for the secondary language (NL). Please check column (Omschrijving (NL).

Why do we need the extra identifier? Shouldn't WPML All Import take care of selecting the correct language and with that the correct product ID, when the SKU is offered by the import sheet?

Google Sheet/CSV: hidden link

Thanks, Jelle

May 18, 2022 at 11:04 am #11246255

jelle-jacobd

Hi Bobby,

When can I expect some answers on the issue? Thanks!

Br, Jelle

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML All Import’ is closed to new replies.