Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
April 1, 2024 at 2:49 pm #15469793

matejI

WPML with different domains per language

April 1, 2024 at 3:16 pm #15469941

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thanks for your patience.

Here is the ticket and please let me know how it goes.

April 1, 2024 at 3:17 pm #15469942

matejI

hi i am waiting for provider

April 1, 2024 at 3:20 pm #15469943

matejI

i hope we understand each other i have for example slovak version on slovak domain with own wordpress login hidden link and for example for hungary i have hungary domain in hungary language and own worpdress login and dashboard hidden link

April 1, 2024 at 6:17 pm #15470508

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for responding.

As previously mentioned, should you require separate WordPress installations for different languages, a multisite setup is necessary.

However, it's important to note that the specific domain requirement you have cannot be fulfilled with a multisite, as outlined in detail here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/multisite-support/.

Therefore, my suggestion is to utilize a single WordPress installation capable of accommodating both domains, hidden link and hidden link, and dynamically displaying content based on the respective domain language.

April 1, 2024 at 7:28 pm #15470663

matejI

this is what provider wrote:I don't know what exactly the programmer meant by that, since both domains panelsklep.pl and panelshop.cz point to the same hosting Happy 128GB/10d (dn037800) and thus also the same server vid... hidden link .pl or hidden link

April 2, 2024 at 9:21 am #15471692

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

This domain panelshop.pl is pointing to the wrong IP. It should be the same as panelshop.cz . Could you please check with your domain provider again?

hidden link
hidden link

April 2, 2024 at 11:22 am #15472446

matejI

Hi they told me it point to same server so it is ready

April 2, 2024 at 2:39 pm #15473706

matejI

Sorry mr it is panelsklep.pl

April 2, 2024 at 2:42 pm #15473741

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your Website.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

April 2, 2024 at 3:25 pm #15473912

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please install the WPML plugin on your Website and register it with a sitekey? https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

Let me know once you've done that and I will continue to check this out for you.

April 2, 2024 at 3:36 pm #15473967

matejI

mr so try to see it, i install plugin, and there are some filled information from my previous programator who tried to di something, please look at it

April 2, 2024 at 3:41 pm #15473980

Kor
Supporter

Thanks for your patience.

I can see that you've installed the WPML plugin and I've checked the settings here hidden link and I still couldn't validate the domain "www.panelsklep.pl" as shown in the attached screenshot. It shows "Not Valid".

Could you ask your domain provider to check why opening this link hidden link shows a forbidden error message as shown in the attached screenshot?

Screenshot_334.png
Screenshot_335.png
April 6, 2024 at 10:07 am #15490389

matejI

SO i need to buy a new domain plytysklep.pl so i will in provider try to point it to one server as panelshop.cz???i will do also pointing to same server for sweden SANDWICHPANELERAFFAR.SE
as well if i will want also this sweeden translation on sweeden domain???

April 6, 2024 at 4:00 pm #15490749

Kor
Supporter

Thank you for your response.

It seems there may still be some confusion regarding the functionality of the "A different domain per language" option.

Allow me to clarify once more:

Firstly, you will need to purchase the domains required for each language you intend to use. Here's an example:

- panelshop.sk - Slovak Language (Primary Language)
- panelshop.cz - Czech Language (Secondary Language)
- plytysklep.pl - Polish Language (Secondary Language)
- SANDWICHPANELERAFFAR.SE - Swedish Language (Secondary Language)

Once you've obtained all the listed domains, you'll need to point all secondary language domains to the server IP address of panelshop.sk, which is 46.229.230.179.

After pointing the domains, we can verify if they are correctly directed in WPML → Languages. Scroll down to the Language URL format section and choose "A different domain per language". All domains must show the green "Valid" message when you click on the "Save" button.

For reference, please see: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-url-options/how-to-use-wpml-with-different-domains-per-language/#3-set-up-the-option-in-wpml

Once all domains are validated(show a green "valid" message), you can proceed to translate the contents. For instance, panelshop.sk/post1 will display content in Slovak, while panelshop.cz/post1 will display content in Czech and etc.

I trust this clarifies the process. Please keep me informed about the progress of pointing your secondary domains to the primary language server IP as mentioned above. Let me know if you encounter any difficulties or if there's anything else I can assist you with.