Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is experiencing issues with currency conversion when creating orders in USD on a staging site, where the shop currency is THB. Specifically, the unit price is not converting correctly and is using the base currency price as if it was in USD, resulting in an incorrect discount being applied.
Solution:
We have identified that this issue is already known and is scheduled to be fixed in a future version of WooCommerce Multilingual. As a temporary workaround, we recommend the following steps:
1. Edit the order and click on the pencil icon to change the product quantity.
2. Press the Save button.
3. Edit the order again and revert the quantity to the original amount.
4. Press the Save button again.
This workaround should correct the unit price display after saving the order.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your specific case. We highly recommend checking related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If the issue persists, please open a new support ticket.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
June 10, 2024 at 7:33 am #15720302

claudioF-16

Background of the issue:
I am trying to create an order via admin with currency USD on a staging site. The shop currency is THB. I added the product 17660 one pair for a customer and created the order. URL: hidden link

I had previously talked about this with Norman on post 15701722. He asked me to recreate the issue on the below environment, which I did, see order #78. However whereas in my website alt least the correct line total shows correct amount in THB, in the sandbox all amounts are shown in THB (despite the order being in USD). I created another order, #80, in EUR, and the problems are identical as in my site.
hidden link

The steps to reproduce the bug are:
1. Go to WC admin, then to Orders then create a new order
2. Select order Currency USD (or another one which is not base currency THB)
3. Add sku 17660 (I only uploaded one product to the sandbox)
4. You will see either:
a. both the line cost, total, as well as the subtotal and order total in base currency amount (not converted) (as in order #78) or
b. the line cost, subtotal in base currency amount (not converted) and line total and order total in correct amount for the currency (converted). In this a case a discount is automatically added for the difference line cost - line total. (as in order #80)

Symptoms:
The cost (unit price) is showing as $263.07 instead of $7.92, with a $255.15 discount being incorrectly applied. The unit price is not converting to USD and is using the base currency price of 263.07 THB as if it was USD. The discount appears to be the difference between 263.07 and 7.92.

Questions:
Why is the unit price, subtotal, total not converting to the selected currency (USD)?
Why is a $255.15 discount being incorrectly applied?

June 11, 2024 at 9:41 am #15725568

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I’ve noticed that this issue is already escalated to our developers and will be fixed in some future versions of WooCommerce Multilingual. As a workaround, could you please follow the below steps and see if this resolves the issue:

1. Edit the order, click on the pencil icon, and change the product quantity as you can see in the attached screenshots.
2. Press the Save button.
3. Edit again and revert the quantity to same as the previous one.
4. Press the Save button again.

Please let me know the results,
Thank you for your cooperation and patience

Step 1 - Edit item.jpg
Step 2 - change quantity.jpg
After workaround.jpg
June 14, 2024 at 4:18 am #15738138

claudioF-16

I have tried the workaround suggested and it works. Now the unit price shows correctly after saving the order. I am looking forward to this being fixed in the next WPML version. Thanks.

claudioF-16 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-14 04:18:50.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.