Skip Navigation

Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML – das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team antwortet im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im German-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

This topic contains 4 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by timoM-19 vor 1 Jahr, 9 Monate.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Autor Beiträge
Juni 24, 2022 um 8:55 am #11536551

timoM-19

hello all,

I have translated a page on which a post slider is integrated (AnWP Post Grid and Post Carousel Slider for Elementor).

Unfortunately the content of the post slider is not displayed in english. Even if the posts are not translated into English, the German ones should appear as a fallback?

Do you have any idea what could be the reason?

Thanks a lot
Best regards

screencast.gif
Juni 24, 2022 um 3:45 pm #11539425

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Deutsch (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I can offer you to have a look into this.

We might be able to make custom Elementor widgets translatable by using a custom XML config:

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/how-to-register-page-builder-widgets-for-translation/

Now, as this is a post widget with dynamic content I can not guarantee that this will work out this way, but we can give it a try.

Take note, that as a workaround you might try to adjust the widget's settings manually on the translated page directly inside Elementor.

I have enabled the private reply form so that you can provide me admin access, but please make sure to take a backup of the site.

I also could offer to send you a link to a test site on which you can install the plugin and I have a look into its code from there.

Best regards
Andreas

Juni 26, 2022 um 1:48 am #11544055

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Deutsch (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

You are right, the issue seems to be that we are not able to translate the category ID. Also setting the ID manually on the English page inside this widget will not solve the issue.

I will try to recreate this issue on a new test site and get back to you about this.

Further:
You have currently the fallback option set, which means that original posts will be displayed if a translation does not exist.

See screenshot "fallback".

Please set this option instead to "Übersetzbar
nur übersetzte Elemente anzeigen" and continue with translating the posts.

But first, please update all plugins incl. Elementor PRO to the latest available version and verify at WPML > Support the current WP Memory Limit. This should be set to 256. Let me know if you need assistance with that on the live site.

See screenshot "limit".

Also, check WPML > Settings > Custom Field Translation and make sure to set the fields that relate to Elementor/Template and other settings to "copy" as it appears that some plugins require this config.

Further, please adjust the language of your permalinks at Settings > Permalinks and translate the category base slut at WPML > Taxonomy Translation > Categories (bottom of the page).

See further screenshots.

Best regards
Andreas

permalinks.jpg
limit.jpg
fallback.jpg
custom fields.jpg
category slug.jpg
Juni 27, 2022 um 2:26 pm #11552237

timoM-19

Thank you for the answer. Meanwhile, the translations in the post slider work. The only problem I have now is that the colors of the category badges in english are not correct.

see screenshot

Screenshot 2022-06-27 162531.png
Screenshot 2022-06-27 162500.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.