Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yasuanQ 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 10, 2019 at 7:29 am

yasuanQ

I am trying to: translate

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: translated in english

Instead, I got:spanish

October 10, 2019 at 7:17 pm #4733611

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Regarding your request, please, try the following:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation select the 'admin_texts_rhc_options' text domain from the available list of text domains.

2 - Now, change the default language of the listed strings to spanish since it is the default language of your website.

3 - Proceed with the english translation now and check the translation as complete.

See attached screenshot to understand the whole process.

Reference:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Please, let me know if you need any further details and instructions. Have a nice day.

customer_screen_17.png
October 11, 2019 at 10:31 am #4737293

yasuanQ

Hello,
I've done this, and know I have problems with spanish calendar.... some information have dissapeared!
🙁

October 11, 2019 at 10:35 am #4737301

yasuanQ

The calendar is blank:
hidden link

October 11, 2019 at 10:47 am #4737333

yasuanQ

I have changed the language of that strings again to english but nothing works now, I'm in trouble with that 🙁

October 11, 2019 at 1:54 pm
October 11, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4739225

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

October 11, 2019 at 3:08 pm #4739847

yasuanQ

Hello Marcos,
thank you very much! I was really nervous this mornig with the possibility I'd lost all the calendar 🙁
I've done the migration and it's ready,

thanks again!

October 15, 2019 at 1:33 am #4753483

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience and sorry for the waiting here due the weekend. I took a detailed look in your website using the migrated copy and indeed it seems to be a compatibility issue as the issue is also reproduced in a clean sandbox install. I forwarded this ticket to our compatibility team for further analysis, I will update you here as soon as I have some more details from them. Thank you for your understanding, have a nice day.

October 15, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4759889

yasuanQ

Thank you Marcos,
I'll wait for the answer, I hope there's a solution 🙂

October 16, 2019 at 6:14 pm #4767971

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

I am still waiting for a possible workaround from our compatibility team. I will update you here as soon as we have some updates. Thank you for your continued patience, have a nice day.

October 22, 2019 at 6:52 pm #4805065

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waited for a solution. Our compatibility provided the following workaround:

1 - Open the functions.php file from your theme folder.

2 - Enter this snippet of code at the end of the file and save it:

/**
 * WPML fix for the strings in the calendar shortcode
 */

add_filter('calendarize_atts', 'wpml_fix_calendar_strings', 10, 3);

function wpml_fix_calendar_strings ($atts, $content, $code) {

$atts["button_text_calendar"] = apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $atts["button_text_calendar"], 'admin_texts_rhc_options', '[rhc_options]cal_button_text_calendar' );

$atts["button_text_month"] = apply_filters( 'wpml_translate_single_string', $atts["button_text_month"], 'admin_texts_rhc_options', '[rhc_options]cal_button_text_month' );

return $atts;
}

You can see the results at: hidden link

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if it works for you, have a nice day.

October 23, 2019 at 4:31 pm #4813297

yasuanQ

Hello,
thank you for the code, but I can't see any change in the link hidden link, no events appears on the calendar.
I added the code and try to make a new translation to check if it works, but,
when I click to add a new translation appears a new page asking for a user and a password I've never seen before, what is it about?
Thank you!

October 23, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4813299

yasuanQ

Sorry I forgot to add the screenshot 🙁

Captura de pantalla 2019-10-23 a las 18.30.16.png
October 24, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4820937

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed the provided workaround works properly for you, I translated the strings 'Filtrar' and 'Vista mensual' in your website from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation settings and it works properly in the frontend as you can confirm at: hidden link the buttons now reads 'Filter' and 'Month view'. See attached screenshot (customer_screen_21).

You can edit it to suit your needs from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > String Translation under the text domain 'admin_texts_rhc_options'. See attached screenshot (customer_screen_22).

As rearding the 'Advanced Translation Editor Login' popup window it was introduced in the most recent version of WPML, as you can now have the option to use the Advanced Translation Editor in a subscription model. You can still keep the Classic Translation Editor if you don't need the features provided by the Advanced Translation Editor. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/turning-off-the-advanced-translation-editor/

Hope it helps, have a nice day.

customer_screen_22.png
customer_screen_21.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.