Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 3, 2022 at 12:20 pm #11140187

leonardoP-20

Hi Dražen,

The categories product filters have always worked fine on every language and now suddenly, they only work in the default English language. I don't know exactly when this changed/happened but could have been some time ago.
I tried to change theme and disabled all plugins but the issue is still occurring.
When we choose any attribute; color, size or apparel it shows the error message that there are no products available if the language is other than the default one (English).

The English version works:
hidden link

But the Spanish and any other language does not work.
hidden link

I really can't figured out what is happening, even after I have throughout searched on the WPML forums.

Thanks,

May 3, 2022 at 12:55 pm #11140507

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better for a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “All In One WP Migration” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

The steps are also shown in this video: hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

May 3, 2022 at 1:08 pm #11140591

leonardoP-20

Hello,

I send you a direct link to the admin:
***ACCESS TOKEN REMOVED BY SUPPORT AGENT***

I also have installed WP File Manager plugin so you can edit any files if you need.

Thanks,

May 3, 2022 at 2:13 pm #11141193

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

In order to investigate the issue I was going to take a copy of the site using All In One WP Migration but the download always produces a network error at the download size of 1GB and then starts from the beginning.

As an alternative, could you please install the Barberry theme in its latest available version on the following test site so that we can try to replicate this issue?

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

Please leave me a short notification once the theme is installed.

Best regards
Andreas

May 3, 2022 at 3:39 pm #11142069

leonardoP-20

Hi,

I have installed the Barberry theme in the test site.
I also have increased the PHP memory limit to 10240M, it could be the reason of the network error.

Thanks,

May 4, 2022 at 12:54 am #11145073

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I was testing on the sandbox.

I can confirm that there was an issue with the price filter but I can confirm that it persists if I test only with WooCommerce and the theme (without WPML), as you can currently see on the test site.

If you go to Appearance > Widget you will run into an error:

Price Filter
There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

This error seems not to be related to WPML.

Are there also other theme widgets causing issues on your site and could you please confirm if the default Woocommerce Widgets work as expected?

Take note, that your access token was published on the forum publically which I removed it earlier today.

I have enabled again the private reply form so that you can provide me access to the site.

The steps are also shown in this video: hidden link

Best regards
Andreas

May 6, 2022 at 2:47 am #11163989

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I can see the issue persists on archive-product.php on your staging when testing only with Barberry Theme, WooCommerce, and WPML.

Besides I have solved the earlier mentioned issue on the test site (Price Widget seems to have issues) and now placed the theme's attribute widget to the Shop filters widget area, as seen on your site.

Now, how did you actually enable the left sidebar on the WooCommerce Shop and Archive pages?
Did you use any custom coding or is there an option in place that I am not aware of?

Please try recreating the issue on this test site:
hidden link

Leave me a short notification afterward.

Best regards
Andreas

May 6, 2022 at 5:26 am #11164401

leonardoP-20

Hi,

"Now, how did you actually enable the left sidebar on the WooCommerce Shop and Archive pages?"
That option is in the menu Appearance » Customise "WooCommerce » Shop Catalog (Shop Sidebar)"

I have setup color filter on pages hidden link and hidden link but when we select any color in the filters colors on any language it shows no products

We need to go live with google shopping but as long this bug is not fixed we cannot start the campaign.

Thanks,

May 6, 2022 at 6:06 am #11164503

leonardoP-20

Hi,

Now I found out that the exact same issue also happens with a default WordPress theme like Twenty Twenty-One

EN
hidden link
ES
hidden link

Thanks,

May 7, 2022 at 6:13 am #11172315

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, I see that the issue even keeps occurring on your staging when using the Storefront Theme. This is indeed not theme-related.

When testing on a new sandbox, I can confirm the issue with the WooCommerce Widget "Filter by Attribute".

The issue appears to be related to this errata and running the suggested workaround solves the issue:
https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-6-3-the-new-product-attributes-lookup-table-is-not-populated-for-products-in-secondary-language/

Best regards
Andreas

May 7, 2022 at 5:56 pm #11173401

leonardoP-20

Hi Andreas,

I was able to fix the issue following the errata but only by unchecking the "Enable table usage" option on WooCommerce → Settings → Products → Advanced.

When I use the "Regenerate the product attributes lookup table" (on all products) on WooCommerce → Status → Tools, it strangely only works on the last regenerated language, I mean, if I regenerate the French language and then try the categories product filters they will work, but then if I regenerate the Spanish language for instance, then the Spanish language filters work, but not the French filters anymore. Although the default English language filters always work. It seems WPML is not yet compatible with this last Woocommerce new product filtering update.

Thanks,

May 8, 2022 at 4:44 am #11174791

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, there is in fact a known issue, and a fix is planned for WooCommerce Multilingual Version 5.0.0.

Anyhow it should be enough to use the option "Regenerate the product attributes lookup table" only on one second language.

On my sandbox, this solved the issue for all three active languages.

I use EN, DE and ES and ran the option while having admin language DE, which also solved the issue for ES.

I can sadly no longer log in to your staging in order to confirm that it works.

Please test by using the workaround only on one second language, not both.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Best regards
Andreas

May 8, 2022 at 10:26 am #11175247

leonardoP-20

Hi Andreas,

"I can sadly no longer log in to your staging in order to confirm that it works."
Sorry for that, I have done a reset on the stage site and I haven't noticed that your user was overwritten/deleted. It was now created and you can login again.

I tested on the stage site and it still only works on the regenerated language and not in any other one including the default English language. I regenerated the Danish language.

Danish works:
hidden link

English doesn't work:
hidden link

Spanish and all the other 6 languages don't work too:
hidden link

Thanks,

May 10, 2022 at 5:53 pm #11192163

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Did you try the same in all languages? the lookup regeneration table needs to be done in each language.

I did it for danish and spanish and it worked. i can see them now. you'd have to do this on each language following the instructions found here: https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-6-3-the-new-product-attributes-lookup-table-is-not-populated-for-products-in-secondary-language/

Regards.

May 10, 2022 at 7:08 pm #11192443

leonardoP-20

Hello,

It's strange because for me the filters only work on the last regenerated language, in this case I regenerated the Danish language for last and the filters in this language work hidden link but at the same time all other regenerated languages stopped working (showing the message that there are no products) as you can see clicking on these links:

English show no products:
hidden link

Spanish show no products:
hidden link

Although if you now regenerate any other language again, like Spanish for instance, then the Spanish filters will start working showing products, but all the other languages will not work, including the Danish language that is working now.

Thanks,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.