Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I can't translate the loco in Astra theme

Solution: I added the following code to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="affwp_settings">
            <key name="*"/></key>
        <key name="astra-settings">
            <key name="*"/></key>
        <key name="theme_mods_ea-theme">
            <key name="*"/></key>
            <key name="*"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

To make sure WPML read the admin texts under those domains and then searched in String Translation the ID of the image.

Relevant Documentation: You can read more about Language Configuration Files in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

0% of people find this useful.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
December 5, 2019 at 1:04 pm #5076695

Dan

Dear Dennis,
in this post: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/change-logo-with-language-astra-1-6-9/ you gave great instructions how to change the Logo by language in the Astra.

In the last step you write: "-find and translate that string again. check 'translation is complete'"

However, when searching for "custom_logo", "logo", or even the value of the current logo I couldn't find it.
I also tried to rescan for strings in the theme in the plugin and theme localization page.

Kindly asking for help to translate the "custom_logo" strings.

Thanks,
Dan

screenshot_03.png
December 9, 2019 at 10:12 am #5091521

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Kind regards,
Carlos

December 13, 2019 at 3:40 pm #5124711

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

In the attached image you can see the ID of the media element (8782) used as logo. Please translate this number with the ID of the logo in the translated language (you can get the edit of the image from the URL when editing the media element).

Could you tell me if the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

December 14, 2019 at 10:28 am #5128869

Dan

Thanks a lot!
Did you change anything? But I guess I just searched for the wrong string.

PS: Do you mind removing your screenshot or crop it and alter the filename? I consider this information sensitive and don't want it to be publically indexed. Thank you!

December 14, 2019 at 11:45 am #5129277

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I added the following code to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="affwp_settings">
            <key name="*"/></key>
        <key name="astra-settings">
            <key name="*"/></key>
            <key name="*"/></key>
            <key name="*"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

To make sure WPML read the admin texts under those domains and then searched in String Translation the ID of the image 🙂

You can read more about Language Configuration Files in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Best regards,
Carlos

Note: I removed the attached image in my previous message as requested.

December 14, 2019 at 11:51 am #5129285

Dan

Great job Carlos!
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

December 14, 2019 at 12:15 pm #5129343

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Dan,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.