Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 27, 2022 at 12:00 pm

istvanM

Classic Editor is stuck on saving

April 27, 2022 at 12:53 pm
April 27, 2022 at 7:10 pm #11108489

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I do not longer see any issue when it comes to applying the translation for the post "„Korszerű” táplálkozás – Így alakították át az életünket az élelmiszeripari innovációk".

Could it be that the issue is solved now?

Best regards
Andreas

April 27, 2022 at 7:30 pm #11108531

istvanM

Hi Andreas,
As proposed by Christopher Amirian, I started to switch off and on the different plugins on my site. I found that when I switched-off Siteground Optimizer plugin, the Translation editor worked fluently. So my guess is that this caused the problem with the editor. I try to notify Siteground about the issue. I suppose the issue is resolved this way. I'll contact wpml support again in case of any discrepancies remained. Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 21.29.25.png
April 28, 2022 at 12:59 am #11109517

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

You are very welcome!

Siteground Optimizer is designed for any hosting environment and I created a test site here, in order to test, if I can replicate the issue:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

I can not confirm any issue here between the plugin and WPML's Classic Translation Editor.

It could be the case that a specific Siteground setting is triggering the issue or maybe even the theme or another plugin might be involved.

I would like to invite you to use the test site to try to replicate the issue. Please verify the plugin settings and if possible also add your currently used theme for further testing.

I can further offer to take a copy of your site for debugging so that we can identify what is actually causing the issue.

Best regards
Andreas

April 28, 2022 at 11:03 am #11113801

istvanM

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your help in resolving this issue. I logged-in to the test site, and installed the theme and child theme I use on the production site. I also tried to set the SG Optimizer plugin - here I can see some discrepancies. Certain settins are only allowed in Siteground Hosting environment, so I was not able to setup the same setting for the SG Optimizer setting as I use on the production site.
What do you think of it - can this be the source of the problem I experienced on the production site? I attach some screenshots of my SG Optimizer setting on my site.
I would really appreciate if you could make a staging copy of my production site - of course only if you think that it is needed potentially useful.
Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.33.00.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.33.16.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.33.41.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.36.17.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.37.05.png
April 28, 2022 at 9:57 pm #11117495

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

If the issue is not replicable on our test site then you might be right and it is related to a Sitegorund Hosting specific setting, which only occurs on Siteground Servers.

I would need to ask you to ask Siteground Support for assistance with how to set up a Staging on the same Siteground server so that we can have a look at the issue.

Workaround:

Use the Advanced Translation Editor for new and old content. Take note that in this case, you might need to do the translations again for content that was translated with the Classic Translation Editor.

More details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/translation-editor-options/

Best regards
Andreas

April 29, 2022 at 7:12 pm #11124941

istvanM

Hello Andreas,

Siteground analyzed the issue and could reproduce it. I copy their answer here:
---------------------
I reviewed your case in detail and I was able to re-create the reported issue.

Before any tests were made to the site I created a backup of the site's database. The file is called dbqbaeh5k3qmq7-2022-04-29-5d95c50.sql and located in the home directory of your site. Then I traced the process of the save and close of the translation of page hidden link. As I checked the processes ended on the server in a timely manner, yet in the browser the process was still ongoing. Also I noticed that the site reads a lot from the database. This is why I temporary enabled the Memcached for the site and cleaned all cache, yet the issue remained. This is why I reverted this change.

I also checked for any errors recorded on the server which would be the cause for the issue, yet I couldn't find such.

This is why i created a another backup of the database, the file is called dbqbaeh5k3qmq7-2022-04-29-f545a92.sql and located in the home directory of your site. After this I stopped all plugins except the SG Optimizer and the wp-seo-multilingual and checked if the issue occurs, yet the issue was not present. The Save and Close button worked without issues.

After this I enabled the plugins back to as they were one by one and after each I checked if the Save and Close button on the translation of hidden link, yet the issue again was not present.

Currently all plugins are enabled as they were before and the Save and Close button on the translation of hidden link works as expected, it doesn't stall.

With this being said I would conclude that the reported issue was connected with some sort of database cache which was creating a conflict with the SG Optimizer. After stopping the plugins and re-enabling them manually this cache was cleaned which is why the button now works as expected.
-------------------------

My question is what would you propose?
A) Now loit looks good and I can use the classic Translation editor
B) I should use the Advanced Translation editor (Unfortunately I should do nthe translations for those old posts which were alredy translated with the Classic translation editor)

Thanks

April 29, 2022 at 8:37 pm #11125187

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Ok, I understand that it was a cache issue, and disabling the SG Optimizer and reactivating it solved the issue, is this correct?

Unclear is what caused the issue and if it actually only affected the done page so far, for now, please proceed translating and let us know if the issue occurs again.

If the issue occurs again, then it would be really very helpful if you could provide us access to a site clone that runs on Siteground and we will be glad to have a look into this for you.

This ticket will remain open for a maximum of 14 days and will close then automatically unless we will receive another message from you by then.

Best regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Classic Editor is stuck on saving’ is closed to new replies.