Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mariusA-7 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
August 2, 2022 at 11:58 pm #11788877

mariusA-7

I am trying to:

With the plugin "Complianz - Terms and Conditions" active, I try to change languages with the language switcher from English to Norwegian.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

NB: This is a live site, so I have temporary deactivated the plugin "Complianz - Terms and Conditions". If I can provide it to you securely, I'll give you the wp login so that you may test it.

I expected to see:

The site/page in Norwegian.

Instead, I got:

"Critical error"

More info:
- This error only occurs when the plugin "Complianz - Terms and Conditions" is active.
- I have tested deactivating every other plugin except WPML and Complianz.
- I have tested deleting, reinstalling and reactivating "Complianz - Terms and Conditions" plugin.
- This only happens with Norwegian language, not English and Spanish.
- It happens on all pages, not just the front page.

August 3, 2022 at 4:22 am #11789547

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Yes, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons, and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/plugin for these backup needs.

Your following answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if required. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks!

Kor

August 4, 2022 at 1:19 pm #11804039

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

I've checked and it looks like the issue came from the "Complianz - Terms and Conditions" plugin. I've commented on the code from Line #234 - Line #242 in wp-content/plugins/complianz-terms-conditions/functions.php and it seems to work fine now.

Could you please check? You need to tell the plugin author about this issue so that they can fix it.

Thanks!

Kor

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 9.19.23 PM.jpg
August 4, 2022 at 1:30 pm #11804087

mariusA-7

Yes, it seems to work on the clone site now. The strange thing is that there's no apparent issue on other sites where I run these plugins. However, I'll contact and inform Complianz about it.
Thank you

August 4, 2022 at 1:35 pm #11804133

Kor
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Alright then, please mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks!

Kor

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.