Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by druvaI 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 24, 2022 at 8:39 pm #11540439

druvaI

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm using Yoast Duplicate Post. I want to be able to duplicate pages in English without getting duplicates in other languages.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
None. I searched Google, WPML forum and Duplicate Post plugin forum. I also posted to the Yoast Duplicate Post forum.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not necessary.

What is the link to your site?
druva.com

-----------------------

More detail....

I'm using both Duplicate Post and WPML on a website. I notice that if I clone a translated page in one language, all other languages get cloned, too.

For example, let's say I have a page in English that's been translated to German and Japanese...

Page A
Page A (DE)
Page A (JA)

If I clone Page A, I now get...

Page A
Page A copy
Page A (DE)
Page A copy (DE)
Page A (JA)
Page A copy (JA)

Is there a way to prevent Duplicate Post from automatically duplicating translated pages?

Thank you

June 26, 2022 at 6:29 pm #11545467

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

I never used the "Yoast Duplicate Post" plugin but probably that's the normal behavior of that plugin (that's how the code is written and it is expected to work like that).

This is what I normally use (https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-page/) and from my experience, it never duplicated the translations, only the page I duplicated.

Maybe you can try this one. 🙂

I hope that you will find this helpful!

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 27, 2022 at 8:49 am #11547871

druvaI

Thank you for the response.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.