Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is trying to export the entire site content for external translation using XLIFF but is unable to find an option to create the package without activating a listed translator, as they are using a different one not listed.
Solution:
We recommend that if you're the admin of the site, you should assign yourself as both a translation manager and translator. Then, you can send translation jobs to yourself and export the XLIFF files, which you can then import back after translation. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Go to WPML > Translation Management > Translators, add yourself as a translation manager by choosing "Select an existing user and set as Translator", and then do the same to Add a Translator.
2. Send the job to translation.
3. Go to WPML > Translations and download all jobs, which will include the XLIFF files.
For more detailed instructions, please refer to our article on configuring XLIFF file options.

Please note that this solution might be irrelevant if it's outdated or not applicable to your case. If this doesn't resolve your issue, we highly recommend checking related known issues at WPML known issues, verifying the version of the permanent fix, and confirming that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to open a new support ticket in our support forum.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sumit 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Sumit.

Author Posts
February 7, 2022 at 9:47 am #10521929

melanieR-15

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to export the whole content for external translation using XLIFF. But this seems not to work as I find no option to create the package witghout activationg any listet translator, but we are using a different one not listed....

Is there any documentation that you are following?
lookid into all docs, could not find answer...

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

February 7, 2022 at 2:54 pm #10524815

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support forum.
Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

You can export translation jobs for external translation but not the whole content at once.

If you are the admin of the site make yourself a translation manager and translator. Then send translation jobs to yourself and export XLIFF files then import again after translation.

Please refer to this article https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/

Thanks

February 7, 2022 at 3:42 pm #10525673

melanieR-15

Hey,

thanks, that means I need to creatre a special user for this, I cannot make the default site admin a translation manager in that respect, so I do not see anything then. I will give it a try and create a user that is both.

thanks for help, will get back if this worked.

February 11, 2022 at 2:53 pm #10562069

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I need to creatre a special user for this, I cannot make the default site admin a translation manager in that respect,

No, the default admin can be the translation manager and the translator.

I am not sure what exactly you don't see. Could you please share the screenshot of what do you see?

To be sure, I am sharing the exact steps:-

#1 Go to WPML > Translation Management > Translator, and add a translation manager and choose "Select an existing user and set as Translator" then do the same for Add a Translator.
#2 Send the job to translation.
#3 Go to WPML > Translations and download all jobs, which contain the XLIFF files.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.