Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Unable to add glossary with hidden languages

Solution:
Under your site Dashboard, go to Users > Profile, Or you can go to Users > All users, Select a User to edit there you can set the "Display hidden languages" and save.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by the-one-real-estate-d.o.o.T 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
February 24, 2022 at 10:57 am

the-one-real-estate-d.o.o.T

I tried adding the word to the glossary as you suggested but it's only giving me the option of two languages even though I have 5 on my site?

February 24, 2022 at 11:54 am
February 24, 2022 at 11:57 am #10655269

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

Can you please try updating WPML to the latest version 4.5.5, Let me know once done.

You can update from Plugins > Add New > Commercial, click on Check for updates, Select the installed WPML plugins, and hit Download with Activate option selected

Regards
Raja

February 24, 2022 at 1:23 pm #10656091

Hi, I updated but it's still not showing all the languages

February 24, 2022 at 6:25 pm #10658595

Also, upon following your instructions for the strings:
1) Goto WPML > String translation,
2) Scroll down to the section Auto register Strings for translation section and enable the option
Look for strings while pages are rendered option
3) Once done Open the page in Frontend where the string appears, Refresh the page a several times
4) The string should now appear in WPML > String translation
5) Disable the option enabled in step 2

my site seems to be performing very slow. Is this connected with this?

February 25, 2022 at 1:27 pm #10664213

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The slowness is temporary it should recover well after a while.

Regarding the Glossary, I have noticed the hidden languages are not displayed in the Glossary section. As a workaround, Temporarily unhide the languages after which you should be able to add the Glossary terms for all the languages. I will report the same to the concerned team so that our developers can take care of the issue.

February 28, 2022 at 10:38 am #10675995

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

We have an update regarding the Glossary terms, Since the Languages are hidden, Please go to the User profile and set the "Display hidden languages" option. That should display the hidden languages in the Glossary terms.

February 28, 2022 at 10:45 am #10676099

Hi, thank you! Where is User profile located?

February 28, 2022 at 12:11 pm #10676679

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Under your site Dashboard, go to Users > Profile, Or you can go to Users > All users, Select a User to edit there you can set the "Display hidden languages" and save.

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 5.35.44 PM.png
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.