Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Santiago 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author Posts
August 11, 2022 at 10:14 pm #11853263

Santiago

Hello there, I have issues with a HTML tags entities in CDATA

August 11, 2022 at 10:21 pm #11853265

Santiago

Hello there,

I have issues with WPML & the XTM connector with the HTML tags like
< or >
Instead of < or >

Problem:
<xtm-wpml-connector id="12345" type="post"><![CDATA[Demo text <a href=hidden link target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Google</a>

Solution:
<xtm-wpml-connector id="12345" type="post"><![CDATA[Demo text <a href=hidden link target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Google</a>

Some idea about how to fix it?
Maybe some solution via:
WPML -> Settings page and click the Custom XML Configuration tab

Thank you in advance.-

August 12, 2022 at 4:20 am #11854303

Santiago

I need to take a screenshot, looks like this text is changing the characters.

wpml.png
August 15, 2022 at 3:41 pm #11867443

Santiago

Hello there,
I still need help with this.
Thank you in advance.-

August 16, 2022 at 11:00 am #11871919

Nigel
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there

Firstly let me apologise for the slow response, we aim for a lot better but have an unexpected busy spell coincide with a few holiday absences.

Regarding your issue, we are talking about using this, yes?

hidden link

I note from our internal tickets that we used to list compatibility with the XTM WPML Connector plugin, but this broke a couple of years ago and it has not been added back.

I'm not familiar with it, can you please describe where these xtm-wpml-connector custom HTML elements with the CDATA content come from and the steps to reproduce the problem?

As I don't have access to that plugin—for which I assume you need a connected XTM account—could I invite you to set up a demo where the problem can be reproduced on one of our sandbox sites?

You can log in as an admin with this link: hidden link

August 21, 2022 at 6:08 pm #11900751

Santiago

issue

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.