Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 1 year, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
March 29, 2022 at 1:51 pm #10903053

istvanM

Hi,
We are translating posts to English from our Hungarian blog hidden link

We experienced an issue when translating this blog post: hidden link

We are using the translation editor (see attached screenshots).
The original post contains images and image galleries.
The problem: In the translation editor, we can see only the images which are not part of the image galleries. Images of the image galleries are not showing up in the translation editor.
This translation is not published yet, it is planned to be published 03.30 9AM 2022, CET
hidden link

Background info: the last post what we translated also contained image galleries, and those images appeared in the translation editor.
This post was translated:hidden link
and the translation is here: hidden link

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 15.42.26.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 15.42.32.png
March 29, 2022 at 11:51 pm #10906475

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support. So, based on what you described it seems everything works properly for a particular post (hidden link) however the exact same steps didn't work for another post, right? Did you use the exact same Elementor widgets for the problematic post? Do you see the same issue for other posts or just one specific post?

Please, let me know and we will move forward in the issue resolution. Have a nice day.

March 31, 2022 at 5:33 pm #10923439

istvanM

Hi,
Thanks you for your answer. In the meantime we started translation of the next blog post (hidden link), and found that now all the gallery images are appearing in the Translation editor. So this issue seems to be specific to that post or may be related to Elementor widget capability?

Let me ask another question, this is also related to the Translation editor.
The blocks which where the text are formatted in the Hungarian version, I usually copy them as HTML into the English window, and then overwrite the Hungarian text with the English translation.
I found that sometimes when I make a Save, and the continue the translation, the p tags are missing from the translation, and this way the format of the English translation of these blocks are a bit different from the Hungarian original. Interestingly, this happens only those blocks appearing at the end of each blog post when we use formatting for the whole blocks.
Here is an example:
This is the original:
<p>
Írta: Kolozsi Ádám | Képszerkesztő: Virágvölgyi István</p><p>A Heti Fortepan blog a Capa Központ szakmai együttműködésével valósul meg. Az eredeti cikk ezen a linken található: <a href="hidden link">hidden link van olyan családi fotója, amit felajánlana a Fortepan számára, akkor írjon a <a href="mailto:fortepan@gmail.com">fortepan@gmail.com</a> e-mail címre!</p>

And this is the copied and saved (the text is not translated here but the
Írta: Kolozsi Ádám | Képszerkesztő: Virágvölgyi IstvánA Heti Fortepan blog a Capa Központ szakmai együttműködésével valósul meg. Az eredeti cikk ezen a linken található: <a href="hidden link">hidden link van olyan családi fotója, amit felajánlana a Fortepan számára, akkor írjon a <a href="mailto:fortepan@gmail.com">fortepan@gmail.com</a> e-mail címre!

The </p><p> tags are missing from the above "translated and saved text".
I can resolve this by typing these tags again into the text and save again.

What can be the problem?

Thanks

April 1, 2022 at 10:06 pm #10932621

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. As we need to handle one issue per ticket I recommend you to create a new ticket for your HTML tags issues during the translations process.

As regarding the problematic post, if the issue is specific for it, I recommend you the following:

1 - Clone it using: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-post/ go to WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support > Troubleshootingand click these options:

-Clear the Cache in WPML
-Set language information

2 - Now, start the translation process again. If it works, then you can publish this post and delete the problematic one.

Please, let me know if it works for you. Have a nice day.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.