Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas Bin Hasan 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas Bin Hasan.

Author Posts
June 25, 2022 at 3:09 pm #11543291

mariusA-7

I am trying to:

I’ve read about other people with the same issue, but I still cannot get it to work.

The Woocommerce account links work in the main language (English), but when I change to another language like Spanish there are problems.

It works right after changing languages and then clicking a link, but then when clicking another link it just keeps adding endpoints like: my-account/pedidos/descargas/pedidos etc.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link Spanish: hidden link

***** test user access info removed due to security reasons *****

June 27, 2022 at 9:48 am #11548589

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting the support.

Before proceeding further, may I ask you to try the following please?

IMPORTANT: Please take full backup of your website and database beforehand. It is highly advised to try the following on a staging/dev site first, so your live website isn't compromised.

- Deactivate all plugins except WPML, its addons and WooCommerce and check for the issue. The purpose is to check with minimal requirements.
- Activate rest of the plugins one-by-one, while keeping check on the issue after a plugin is activated. This way you'll be able to pinpoint a plugin having a conflict (or problem), if any.
- If the problem persists, please repeat the above steps with a default theme of WordPress
- Please also check the browser's console for any JavaScript errors. If you find any, please copy that in your next reply. See https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/ for details on how to find these errors.

Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue. Or I'll try my best to further assist you on the matter.

Regards.

June 27, 2022 at 10:40 am #11549805

mariusA-7

So I used the Site Health plugin in Troubleshooting mode and only activated WPML, String Translation, Woocommerce and Woocommerce Multilingual (else it could't find the page).
This made no difference.

There is a js error though (see attachment)

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 12.34.07.png
June 27, 2022 at 10:44 am #11549865

mariusA-7

I also used 2020 theme by the way

June 28, 2022 at 6:07 am #11556271

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

May I ask for admin access to your website to check the issue in detail. You can create a separate admin user for this purpose, which can be deleted afterwards.

Please remember to take full backup of your website and database before proceeding. However, a staging/test site is highly recommended, because I may need to try some changes/fixes on the site, which may cause conflicts with the live site otherwise.

I've set your next reply as private to share this information safely.

IMPORTANT: If you don't see the section for providing access information, please do not write in the message box or the information may appear as public.

Please see https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/ for details on privacy and security.

Regards.

July 4, 2022 at 3:19 pm #11599271

mariusA-7

Hello

I believe got it to work, sort of... The problem occurs when translating the endpoints in Woocommerce Multilingual. I deleted all endpoint translations in WPML String translations, and now it works. I then tried translating one endpoint to check, but the same issue reemerges. This doesn't happen in the sandbox, though. There it works also with translated endpoints.

I tried changing htaccess to Basic WP without any luck, and I don't think the server is the culprit as this bug doesn't appear on other sites on the same server. Unfortunately, I haven't got the time check this further right now, so I'll just leave it without translating the endpoints. Thanks

July 5, 2022 at 4:38 am #11601625

Waqas Bin Hasan
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for taking your time to try that out and providing the detail.

Sure, please take your time and feel free to reply when possible, so we can further investigate the issue.

Have a great time.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.