Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Hi, I was told by the support team of the Ultimate FAQ plugin that you helped another one of their customers with an issue regarding the plugin, WPML and WP 6.0. I can't find a public thread about it so could you check what the fix was? Thank you.

Solution:
Upon further inspection, it seems that the issue was indeed solved by updating WPML to 4.5.8. Could you check it and confirm that the problem is fixed on the Sandbox? Then, please update WPML on your local environment after making sure to have a website backup.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by evaB-5 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
May 30, 2022 at 5:49 pm #11346839

evaB-5

Hi, I was told by the support team of the Ultimate FAQ plugin that you helped another one of their customers with an issue regarding the plugin, WPML and WP 6.0. I can't find a public thread about it so could you check what the fix was? Thank you.

May 31, 2022 at 4:30 pm #11355629

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello again,

As we discussed on the chat, have you managed to replicate the issue on the Sandbox provided? Please keep us posted about your results. Thanks!

Regards,
Mateus.

May 31, 2022 at 5:12 pm #11356021

evaB-5

Hi, I set up the plugin in the sandbox and though it doesn't have the exact same problem it's a very similar one: it does show all the FAQ's now but the categories are displayed oddly.

Cf screenshot: the category is shown several times for one of the posts and is missing for the others, as if the category output is only being added at the end for all of the posts simultaneously. Again this doesn't seem to happen without WPML active.

2022-05-31_19h09_22.png
May 31, 2022 at 7:48 pm #11357105

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hello there,

Thanks for your efforts to reproduce the problem on the Sandbox.

Would it be possible for you to contact the Ultimate FAQ support team again, and ask them to review what was the solution that they mentioned before?

Moreover, what else I would recommend is that you ask the plugin authors to join our "Go-Global" program. We work with theme/plugin authors to solve compatibility issues between their themes/plugins and WPML.

We'll take the plugin from the author, install it on a test server and go through every feature. Sometimes, we need a bit of guidance from the author to cover all plugin functionalities. We are happy to work with any developer who shows interest in this by contacting us through this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/.

Can you arouse interest in the plugin authors by letting them know about the program? This will benefit both you and other users of the same plugin.

Please keep us posted about their answer. Thanks!

Regards,
Mateus.

June 1, 2022 at 7:59 am #11359649

evaB-5

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I've reached out to the author of the plugin but the other user seems to have solved the issue since the last WPML update. I've asked them to contact you to improve compatibility between their plugin and WPML.

If you would hear from them and are able to resolve the issue please let me know.
Thanks again.

June 1, 2022 at 7:26 pm #11365627

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Hey there,

Thanks for getting in touch with the plugin support.

Upon further inspection, it seems that the issue was indeed solved by updating WPML to 4.5.8. Could you check it and confirm that the problem is fixed on the Sandbox? Then, please update WPML on your local environment after making sure to have a website backup.

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!

Regards,
Mateus.

June 3, 2022 at 11:26 am #11382615

evaB-5

The latest update resolved the issue. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.