Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client was unable to see the language options in the menu after adding the menu language switcher on their site using WPML.
Solution:
We recommended the client to clear their website's cache to resolve the issue. Additionally, we suggested checking and adjusting the settings for the "Menu Language Switcher" to ensure the navigation menu intended for the language switcher becomes visible. If the problem persists, we advised the client to provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated for further investigation. It is also important to ensure that the site is backed up before making any changes. For backing up, we recommended using the UpdraftPlus plugin.

If this solution does not apply to your situation, or if it seems outdated, please check the related known issues at https://wpml.org/known-issues/, verify the version of the permanent fix, and confirm that you have installed the latest versions of themes and plugins. We highly recommend opening a new support ticket if the issue persists.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kor 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Kor.

Author Posts
June 11, 2024 at 2:51 pm #15727438

burakE-3

Background of the issue:
I am trying to add a menu language switcher to my site hidden link using WPML. I followed the instructions sent to me yesterday.

Symptoms:
I can't see the language options in the menu after adding the menu language switcher.

Questions:
Why can't I see the language options in the menu after adding the menu language switcher?

June 11, 2024 at 4:02 pm #15728129

Kor
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Singapore (GMT+08:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

I've reviewed your website and identified the issue you encountered. Please attempt clearing your website's cache to see if it resolves the problem.

Additionally, consider adjusting the settings for the "Menu Language Switcher" to check if the navigation menu you're attempting to assign the language switcher to becomes visible.

If the issue continues, I will need to closely examine your website. Therefore, I will require temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to a test site where the problem has been replicated, if possible. This will enable me to provide better assistance and determine if any configurations need to be modified.

Please note that it is important to have a backup for security purposes and to prevent any potential data loss. You can use the UpdraftPlus plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) to fulfill your backup requirements.

Your upcoming reply will be treated with confidentiality and will only be visible to you and me.

✙ To resolve the issue, I may need your consent to deactivate and reactivate plugins and the theme, as well as make configuration changes on the site if necessary. This emphasizes the significance of having a backup.

June 13, 2024 at 1:23 pm #15736455

burakE-3

The problem was solved by clearing the cache

burakE-3 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-06-13 13:23:26.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.