Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

If you are using Elementor Pro or a different theme with customizable theme options, you may want to set a different logo per language.

Once you translate the logo, you may need to tell WPML which logo to display on the front-end in each language. You can do this by going to String Translation and translating the logo ID. If you cannot find the logo string in String Translation, you may need to click the Translate texts in admin screens link at the bottom of the page and add the text to the String Translation table.

For a step-by-step guide, please see the page about translating theme options like logos, headers, footers, and templates.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
March 9, 2022 at 11:23 pm #10754405

frantisekB-4

I have tried adding additional xml config into plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/wpml-config.xml file:

beginning of the config file looks like this now:

<wpml-config>

<admin-texts>
<key name="theme_mods_hello-elementor">
<key name="custom_logo"/>
</key>
</admin-texts>

<custom-fields>
<custom-field action="translate">title</custom-field>
<custom-field action="translate">description</custom-field>
<custom-field action="translate">keywords</custom-field>

as discussed here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/multilanguage-logo-not-working/

Is this correct?

Now I go to string translations and no logo... I am using Elementor Pro, installed hello-elementor theme, also created child theme for this, called hello-elementor-child. Logo is added to elementor header template but not as an image element, but as "Site logo" element. So the logo image is defined in "Customize - Site identity".

Now what else should I do? This is so frustrating, paid plugin and one of the basic must have feature is so much pain...

March 10, 2022 at 8:18 am #10756675

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

1) Could you please check the following steps?

1- Go to WPML-> String Translation
2- Scroll down and click on the “Translate texts in admin screens »” link
3- Search for the default language Logo ID
4- Select the strings
5- Click on the “Add to String Translation” button
6- Then click on “« Return to String Translation” link
7- Translate the default logo ID with the translated logo ID
8- Clear the cache, and check the front end

Kindly check our guide to know more about translating texts in admin screens. (https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/finding-strings-that-dont-appear-on-the-string-translation-page/)

2) Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured.

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

March 10, 2022 at 8:46 am #10756955

frantisekB-4

Hi, I cannot find the logo string in admin texts. What exactly do you mean by logo ID?

Attached debug info.

March 10, 2022 at 8:50 am #10756987

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the debug.info. The Logo ID is the attachment ID, which you can see in the URL. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

If you couldn't find the ID in the string translation, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

✙ I also need your permission to take a local copy of your site to debug the issue without affecting your live site.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

1.jpg
March 10, 2022 at 9:06 am #10757131

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. Could you please check the login security because I got the following message?

(Due to protection of web servers from repeated attacks, we were forced to restrict access to administrative interface of web pages to selected countries. If you are currently in a foreign country, please sign in to WebAdmin, proceed to your domain management and disable this GeoIP filter in CMS section.)

My IP: 154.128.2.198

Please let me know if you need any more data to grant me access.

Thanks,
Osama

March 10, 2022 at 10:00 am #10757851

frantisekB-4

Please try now.

March 10, 2022 at 10:09 am #10757871

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for granting me access. I've translated the Logo attachment ID via WPML-> String Translation by the steps I mentioned before.

After that, the logo was translated correctly in both languages. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Would you please check it and let me know if it works correctly at your end?

I hope this helps you. If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

1.jpg
March 10, 2022 at 10:36 am #10758089

frantisekB-4

Thank you, it works now.

So what did you enter into searchbar to find that string? because I was expecting to find URL path for the logo image so I searched for .png or image name ... Now I see that its really image ID, not the url path..

March 10, 2022 at 10:39 am #10758125

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

It's great to hear that it's working correctly now. I searched by the Image ID, not the name.
You can get the ID from Media-> Library, search for the image name and get its ID.

Kind regards,
Osama

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.