Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
June 15, 2022 at 10:08 am #11465617

Yulia Krzeminska

Hi. After starting automatic translation, several products do not update their status on some translations, show an update, or are waiting for translation. Could you tell me what be the reason and how can it be solved without losing the existing translations on the site?

list.JPG
June 15, 2022 at 1:07 pm #11467589

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. My name is Nicolas and I will be happy to help you today.

To help speed up the support process, I've enabled a private message for submitting the debug information for this support ticket. Please follow these initial debugging steps:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/
In short:
- Go to "WPML > Support > Debug Information" (link)
- Copy the Debug Information from there.
- Find the private field I activated and paste that information.
---

Now just looking at the screenshot, I can see few things:
1) Most of the translation have the "eye" icon which indicates that the translation is ready and it's waiting for revision (you need to approve the revision to publish the translation).

2) For the other ones
- Waiting for translator or not done yet:
Please make sure that you have enough credits to translate everything.
If you sent a lot of translations (in several languages) at the same time, please note that it can take some time to get everything translated.

- Updating:
Could you please check if you have any errors logged in "WPML > Support > Advanced Translation Editor (ATE) > Error log (link)". If you have recent errors, please share with me a screenshot.

Thanks,
Nico

June 15, 2022 at 2:01 pm #11467979

Yulia Krzeminska

Thanks for your reply.

1) Yes, I understand that, but some are just pending or updating.
2) Enough credits

I see these logs. They are similar to each other, but different jobs (screenshot)

logs.JPG
June 15, 2022 at 8:15 pm #11470657

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, each page has a different job ID. It seems that some pages sent to translation have corrupted data.

Could you please try the following with one of those pages.
- Go to "WPML > Translation Management > Jobs (tab)"
- Search for the page and if there is a job in progress, cancel it by clicking the red X at the right
- Then go back to Pages and make a small change on the original page (like adding a space at the end of a paragraph)
- Then send the page back to translation

Please let me know how it goes,
Nico

June 16, 2022 at 7:42 am #11473253

Yulia Krzeminska

Hello.

Unfortunately, I can't find the jobs tab. There is only one job in "Automatic Translation", but I can't cancel it. Also, the question is, if you turn off automatic translation on some type, for example "pages", and after starting it back, will the translation start again or ignore already of early translated pages ?

2.JPG
1.JPG
June 16, 2022 at 4:24 pm #11478595

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

1) In your debug info file I've noticed your website has a low PHP memory allocation (40M). The minimum requirements for WPML is 128M but we recommend 256M:

Access your server via FTP and open wp-config.php (in your WordPress root directory).

Insert those lines just before /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

/* Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

More info: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

2) Regarding the jobs, what you could try is the following.
Enter the original page and make a small edit (like adding a space at the end of a paragraph) and update the page. This should be enough to trigger an "Update needed" on the translation and create a new translation job when you send it to translation.

3) Yes you can deactivate Automatic Translation or you can even choose "Translate some" in "WPML > Languages" to be able to control exactly what you send to translation (automatic or manual). You won't lose any translation already made and published because those translations are saved in your database.

Thanks,
Nico

June 16, 2022 at 5:46 pm #11479319

Yulia Krzeminska

Hi.
Thanks for your reply, I'll try your instructions and let you know about result.

I still have some questions, another topic of WPML (some problem with Woocommerce Composite Produtcs). Can I ask you there or do I need to create a new ticket?

June 17, 2022 at 12:20 pm #11485201

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I will wait for your feedback then.

Now regarding Woocommerce Composite Products, since we limit one issue per ticket, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question?

Keeping one issue by forum threat helps to keep the forum clean and organized, it will also help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

Thanks for your understanding.
Nico

June 17, 2022 at 12:50 pm #11485393

Yulia Krzeminska

Hello,

I added code for memory limit. Now it's a 256 MB. I tried refresh translate product, most was translated fine, but some product still on updated or waiting status.

memory.JPG
list.JPG
error logs.JPG
June 18, 2022 at 3:17 pm #11490393

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for increasing your PHP memory.

I would like to request a temporary admin access (wp-admin) – preferably to a test site where the issue has been replicated – so I can further investigate.

I will activate a private field for your next answer where you can provide that information safely (this field is only visible by you and the support team). Don't share your own admin account, create a new one that you will delete when we finish troubleshooting.

IMPORTANT: Before we proceed, please backup your site and database.
I will run few troubleshooting options, this is why the backup is really important.

Thanks,
Nico

June 20, 2022 at 7:00 am #11495635

Yulia Krzeminska

Sorry, but I can't send wp-admin accesses for you. If you need some information, or screenshots from wp-admin, I can make it and send you.

June 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm #11509075

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

We can try some troubleshooting options.
1/ Make a full backup of your site and database
2/ Go to "WPML > Support > Troubleshooting (link)"
3/ On the next screen, run those options in that order:
-- Set language information
-- Synchronize local jobs with ATE
-- Remove ghost entries
-- Clear the cache in WPML

Then, for those problematic products, could you please try to update the original language like I mentioned before (adding a space in the title or at the end of a paragraph) and send it back to translation.

Nico

June 24, 2022 at 11:02 am #11537311

Yulia Krzeminska

Hi

I did all the instructions as you described, but it did not help, the status is in the update. Perhaps there is a way to cancel the transfer of these products and I can do the transfer manually?

June 24, 2022 at 9:32 pm #11540481

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I'd really like to have a look to your dashboard. But yes, we have an option to reset professional translation.
- Please go back to "WPML > Support > Troubleshooting"
- Reset professional translation state
- Check the box and click the "Reset" button

Nico

June 27, 2022 at 6:58 am #11547019

Yulia Krzeminska

Hi!

I would like to clarify if this will affect already created translations? The fact is that most of the content has already been translated and I would not want it to disappear or go astray. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.