Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Subash Chandra Poudel 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Subash Chandra Poudel.

Author Posts
June 22, 2022 at 3:57 pm #11521743

John

I have translated a product (hidden link).

This theme comes with a product template builder, we have set the product template to be a multilingual that strings are show and being translated by wpml but they don't show up as translated on front view.

hidden link

June 22, 2022 at 4:03 pm #11521811

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

It looks like the Product template data is stored by the theme in the wp_options table. Can you please try this and see if it fixes the issue:

- In Product templates try editing the template and note the ID of the template in the URL. For example in ../wp-admin/post.php?post=3351&action=edit... the ID is 3351. Then switch to the secondary language from the top admin bar and note the ID for the template in secondary language which is 3399 in your case for German.

- Go to WPML -> String Translation page and click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link at the end of the page.

- Search for "[xts-vega-options]single_product_custom_template" , select the string and click on "Add to String Translation" button.

- Go to WPML -> String Translation and translate the ID in "[xts-vega-options]single_product_custom_template" string with the corresponding translation ID that you noted in the first step.

Regards,
Subash

June 24, 2022 at 12:10 pm #11537687

John

Hello,
We are going to test this and much appreciate for your suggestion for fast fixing but we will really like to have a normal WPML translation behavior.
This kind of tricks made the translation to be harder and more terrible to translate.
It is possible to communicate with the developer and make it work as it should be?
Please don't forget the translation from the product template could be seen only on the product template page shorturl.at/vMOWZ RO -> shorturl.at/fvBPZ DE
Waiting for your replay,
Thank you!

June 25, 2022 at 4:55 pm #11543367

Subash Chandra Poudel

Hi there,

I can understand your concerns about the workaround.

However, the only way to fix the issue regarding Template translation is to follow the steps I suggested in my previous reply linked next:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-product-template-with-vega-theme/#post-11521811

The theme almost seems compatible with WPML however some settings as I explained in the previous reply are required. You can ask the theme developer to contact us through our Go Global Program linked next or through our previous point of contact for us to test the theme from our end and work with them on improving the compatibility.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

Regards,
Subash

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.