Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author Posts
June 24, 2022 at 3:35 pm #11539377

Yulia Krzeminska

Hi!

I noticed that the status of the product (from public to draft) does not sync with translated products. Could you tell me how I can fix it?

June 26, 2022 at 10:39 am #11544965

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Sync status works only from Draft to Published and not from Published to Draft, this is an expected behavior using the built-in feature of WPML.

However, if you don't need a fancy solution, you may want to look at this small plugin: hidden link
(please, before using it, read the disclaimer in the README.md file).

The plugin, once installed and activated, will keep the post status of the translations in sync with the original.

If you need more than the feature the plugin provides, you are free to fork it and create a version that suits your need or You can also hire a contractor:https://wpml.org/contractors/ if you prefer.

Thank you

June 27, 2022 at 7:01 am #11547035

Yulia Krzeminska

Hello!

Thanks for your reply! Tell me, this one has already been tested, it does not take out problems? Since most of the content is translated and it don't want to break or to lose anything?

June 27, 2022 at 11:48 am #11550563

Noman
Supporter

Please note that we cannot ensure support for such plugins unless we decide to merge them into the core WPML plugins. However, I have just tested this plugin and it works without any issue. So, you may try to use it on your staging/test site first and then move it to your live site, or please make sure to take a complete backup of your site first and use this plugin or You can hire a contractor if you prefer.

Thank you

June 27, 2022 at 1:11 pm #11551511

Yulia Krzeminska

Ok. Thank you. I will try it, and will inform you about result.

June 27, 2022 at 1:59 pm #11552079

Noman
Supporter

Sure thanks 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.