Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My Footer in Astra / Elementor has strings from Mailerlite newsletter signup form. I managed to have them scanned by adding the plugin to the XML config section.
Now though, after the original English text was changed, it won't update in the string translation panel. The old English text is there, and the translation is not shown.

Solution: I searched in our forum about similar tickets and it seems Mailster plugin is not compatible with WPML, however I found a workaround for this issue: I created a test form that will act as the French form (for testing purposes only) and as I don't know Mailster I just leaved with the text by default. Then I edited the footer and manually switched languages using the admin menu at the top, which allowed me to edit the French version of the Footer. Once in the French version I manually added the shortcode for the new form and saved the changes.

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
December 10, 2019 at 3:57 pm

christopheG-9

My Footer in Astra / Elementor has strings from Mailerlite newsletter signup form. I managed to have them scanned by adding the plugin to the XML config section.
Now though, after the original English text was changed, it won't update in the string translation panel. The old English text is there, and the translation is not shown.

I have de/reactivated Mailerlite, rescanned the Mailerlite plugin for strings, removed and re-added the XML config, pressed dozens of times all the WPML Troubleshooting buttons (was that a good idea?). Even "Translate texts in admin screens" still shows the old English text.

The fields in question is not visible via Advanced Translation Editor of the Footer, which is an Astra Custom Layout.

December 12, 2019 at 5:06 pm #5117625

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I kindly ask you to change the user role to administrator so I can access all the WPML's configuration.

2.- Please update WPML plugins to the latest version (4.3.6) in Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial tab.

Kind regards,
Carlos

December 13, 2019 at 7:35 am #5121087

christopheG-9

Oh, of course Carlos, you are now admin.

I ran all the updates, rescanned all plugins and theme files.
Yet when i search for string 'celebrations' for example, it shows
'Add me to the email list for annoucements, celebrations and discounts'
which is the old English text of the Mailerlite widget in the footer, where it should say
'Receive our announcements, celebrations and discounts'.
The same is visible in 'texts admin screens'

Thank you for any help you can give.

December 13, 2019 at 2:18 pm #5123829

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your message and for changing the user role.

This time I was able to reproduce the issue, however I can't find a way to edit the footer where this form is added. Could you describe the steps to follow in order to edit the footer of the site?

Regards,
Carlos

December 13, 2019 at 2:41 pm #5124077

christopheG-9

Sure, it is tricky indeed, this is Appearance -> Astra Options -> Custom Layouts -> Footer -> Edit with Elementor.

This might be pushing the limits of WPML? Let me know!

December 14, 2019 at 10:44 am #5128913

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

I searched in our forum about similar tickets and it seems Mailster plugin is not compatible with WPML, however I found a workaround for this issue: I created a test form that will act as the French form (for testing purposes only) and as I don't know Mailster I just leaved with the text by default. Then I edited the footer and manually switched languages using the admin menu at the top, which allowed me to edit the French version of the Footer. Once in the French version I manually added the shortcode for the new form and saved the changes.

Now you can see that there is a form in English and one in French.

Could you tell me if this workaround solved the issue on your site?
Regards,
Carlos

December 16, 2019 at 2:15 pm #5138883

christopheG-9

My issue with Mailerlite is resolved now, and i'm very impressed by the quality of your support. Thank you!

December 16, 2019 at 5:17 pm #5140319

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.