Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by charleneR-2 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Prosenjit Barman.

Author Posts
June 20, 2023 at 9:36 pm #13863229

charleneR-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have existing users in my site who are already assigned as translators. Because it has been a long time since they worked on the site - for extra security reasons, I may have downgraded their user role directly in WordPress. I can see their assigned language in WPML but not their user role. In wordpress I see their user roles are all "Subscriber". Do I need to changed them to a higher role to give them permission to translate pages in the site?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I couldn't find a clear answer in your documentation. I found in your documentation that Translation Managers need to be at least an "Editor". But what about local translators?

Is there a similar example that we can see?
No, this is just a simple setting question.

What is the link to your site?

June 21, 2023 at 1:10 pm #13868315

Prosenjit Barman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Dhaka (GMT+06:00)

Hi There,
Thanks for contacting WPML Support. I will be happy to assist you with your query.

In order to add a translator for the site, the user needs to have at least the Subscriber role. After adding them as a Translator, you will be able to assign translation tasks to them and they can translate for you.

Please navigate to the "Users > All Users" section in your WordPress Dashboard and make sure that the Subscriber role is assigned to the users. After that, Please go to "WPML > Translation Management > Translators" and add Translators.

Related Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-to-set-up-local-translators-and-language-pairs/#adding-local-translators-through-translation-management

Let me know if there is anything else if you need help with.

Best Regards,
Prosenjit

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.