Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When importing product categories with WP All Import and our WPML All Import plugin, the translations are not connected with the original categories.

Solution:
The issue has been escalated to our WPML Development Team and a fix for the issue will be included very likely into the upcoming version of our WPML All Import Plugin 2.4.0.

In the meantime we can suggest the following workaround:

Make sure to have a complete backup of site files and database.

Edit the file \wp-content\plugins\wpml-all-import\wpml-all-import.php on line 392 after this code:

After:

if ( isset ( $woocommerce_wpml ) ) {
    $woocommerce_wpml->terms->update_terms_translated_status( $articleData['taxonomy'] );
}

add this code

$post_id = $this->wpml->term_translations()->adjust_ttid_for_term_id($post_id);
$parent_post_id = $this->wpml->term_translations()->adjust_ttid_for_term_id($parent_post_id);

Then delete the existing imported terms and clear the ghost entries from WPML > Support > Troubleshooting.

Import the terms again it should work this time.

Relevant Documentation:
N/A

Dies ist das technische Support-Forum für WPML – das mehrsprachige WordPress-Plugin.

Mitlesen können alle, doch nur WPML-Kunden können hier Fragen veröffentlichen. Das WPML-Team antwortet im Forum an 6 Tagen pro Woche, 22 Stunden am Tag.

Heute stehen keine Supporter zur Arbeit im German-Forum zur Verfügung. Sie können gern Tickets erstellen, die wir bearbeiten werden, sobald wir online sind. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

This topic contains 15 Antworten, has 2 Teilnehmer.

Last updated by ursK-3 vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monate.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Autor Beiträge
Mai 26, 2022 um 11:29 am #11314943

ursK-3

Seit einigen Tagen/Wochen habe ich bemerkt, dass unser Produkte-Kategorien-Import nicht mehr richtig funktioniert.
Das Problem ist, dass der Import die beiden Sprachen nicht mehr verknüpft (siehe Bilder).
Das hat jetzt über Jahre ohne Problem funktioniert. An den Einstellungen habe ich nichts verändert, lediglich Updates eingespielt.

Wenn ich einen Clean-Install mache funktioniert alles wie gewohnt, also kann es auch nicht an der Datei liegen.

Was ich schon ausprobiert habe:
- Staging Umgebung --> alle anderen Plugins deaktiviert --> Theme gewechselt
- WPML --> Support --> Troubleshooting --> Reset and deactivate WPML
- Alle Kategorien und dazugehöriger Import gelöscht und neu erstellt --> Kategorien werden wie gehabt importiert aber die Sprachen sind nicht verknüpft.
- Auch in der Datenbank habe ich nachgeschaut --> der TRID wird nicht richtig gesetzt

Ich weiss nicht was ich noch versuchen könnte?

Wenn ich die Kategorien manuell hinzufüge und übersetzte funktioniert alles ohne Problem.
Auch im Log von WP-All Import ist keine Fehlermeldung zu sehen.

Aus meiner Sicht muss irgendein Problem in der Datenbank bestehen aber wo?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-26 um 13.24.58.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-26 um 13.14.12.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-26 um 13.13.30.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-26 um 13.12.56.png
Mai 27, 2022 um 3:35 am #11321987

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: Englisch (English ) Deutsch (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hallo,

Ich kann gerne anbieten mir das einmal genauer anzusehen.

Ich möchte einen temporären Zugriff (wp-admin und FTP) auf die Website anfordern, um das Problem genauer zu untersuchen.

Die dafür erforderlichen Felder findst Du unterhalb des Kommentarbereichs, wenn Du dich anmelden, um die nächste Antwort zu hinterlassen. Die Informationen, die Du angibst sind privat, was bedeutet, dass nur Du und ich sie sehen und darauf zugreifen können.

WICHTIG
Lege bitte unbedingt eine Sicherungskopie der Website und der Datenbank an, bevor Du uns den Zugriff gewährst.
Wenn Du die Felder "wp-admin / FTP" nicht sehen kannst, werden Ihre Anmeldedaten für Post und Website als "PUBLIC" (Öffentlich) festgelegt. Veröffentliche die Daten NICHT, es sei denn, Du siehst die erforderlichen wp-admin / FTP-Felder.

Das private Antwortformular sieht so aus:
hidden link

Klicke beim nächsten Antworten auf "I still need assistance".

Video:
hidden link

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas

Juni 1, 2022 um 8:16 pm #11365861

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hallo,

Vielen Dank für das Bereitstellen der Test-Umgebung.

Dein Staging hat einen Verzeichnisschutz, durch welchen ich leider nicht ans Login-Formular gelange.

Ich habe nochmals das private Antwortformular aktiviert, damit Du mir die Zugangsdaten mitteilen kannst.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Andreas

Juni 4, 2022 um 5:19 pm #11388333

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

On your import, there are not any taxonomy terms declared.

Further, it seems to me you are trying to import one EN and one DE category inside the same file.

You should instead use only one import file per language.

Example:
<ROW MODID="28" RECORDID="160">
<ID_KATEGORIE>1</ID_KATEGORIE>
<beschreibung_de>A_de</beschreibung_de>
<beschreibung_en>A_en</beschreibung_en>
<id_parent>0</id_parent>
<sortierungAufWebseite>10</sortierungAufWebseite>
</ROW>

Here first I can not identify which is the term name and which is the value and you should not include terms in different languages in the same file.

Apart from that, this seems not to be a WPML issue, as I do not even see original imports on the site.

Could you please have a look into that and test again.

Best regards
Andreas

Juni 4, 2022 um 6:06 pm #11388459

ursK-3

I have now uploaded two separate files and reduced them to the minimum: Name and ID only.

Same problem as before.

What do you mean by:
"On your import, there are not any taxonomy terms declared."?

Of course there are, the names are in there: <description_en> and <description_en>.

What do you mean with:
"Apart from that, this seems not to be a WPML issue, as I do not even see original imports on the site."?

I deleted all other imports to not confuse you and to rule out a problem in the settings.

Greetings Beni

Juni 5, 2022 um 3:32 am #11389573

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello Beni,

Indeed, I ran some tests and it appears that the product categories are imported but they do not connect.

Thank you for letting us know. I will try to recreate this issue on a new test site and get back to you about this.

Best regards
Andreas

Juni 7, 2022 um 10:15 pm #11407845

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for the delay in answering as I am not working on Sundays and Mondays.

I was able to recreate the reported issues on a new test site with WooCommerce and WP All Import PRO and this issue has been escalated to our second-tier support team for further revision.

Once I have received feedback from our team I will be in contact with you again.

Best regards
Andreas

Juni 14, 2022 um 7:37 am #11455009

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As you can see in one of my latest messages the imports were appearing on each language, but they were not connected.

The mistake here was the unique identifier (connector).

The imports were using {title[1]} and {id[1]}.

Now, as each file has different titles (category names) the import will not be able to be matched this way.

Please run another import of both files while using only the {id[1]} as the unique identifier.

In case this will not work as expected, please let me know.

Best regards
Andreas

Juni 16, 2022 um 2:00 pm #11477483

ursK-3

Sorry for the late notice, the email went to spam.

Slowly but surely I feel a bit fooled....
I'm not stupid, the "unique identifier" was definitely just the ID. Someone of you changed that.
I changed it back to the ID and it still doesn't work!

Can you please read my first question again carefully, it had worked for almost 2 years without any problems, if I had made such a mistake it would never have worked at all.

What did the "second-tier support team" come up with?

Juni 17, 2022 um 5:52 am #11482089

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

My apologies for this inconvenience.

The suggestion actually came from the second-tier support team.

I am not having another look at your staging site and I will get back to you after running more tests.

Best regards
Andreas

Juni 17, 2022 um 6:13 am #11482241

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

In fact, your unique identifier is set as {ROW[1]/ID_KATEGORIE[1]}

I have now created a test site in order to run your imports there:

One-Click-Login:
hidden link

As you can see selected only the rows to be imported and I am able to set a unique identifier as:

{ID_KATEGORIE[1]}

The imports were working here as expected.

The issue might be connected to the part of the XML file that you choose at the first import step, as I am not able to set the same unique connector on your imports.

You are using:

FMPDSORESULT element will be imported

While I am using:

ROW elements will be imported

Please feel free to have a look at the test site yourself.

Best regards
Andreas

Juni 17, 2022 um 2:56 pm #11486241

ursK-3

Thanks for you message!

{ROW[1]/ID_KATEGORIE[1]} was also set from your site... I also importing ROW

As I said please read my first problem description:
- The problem occurs only since few weeks --> my import must be configured correct because it worked for almost 2 years without problems.
- I tested my file with a clean install and there also where no issues.
--> THATS the reason why I think it must be something with the database.

But how should I find the problem when there is no error showing up?! And it works when I add the product categories manually without the import plugin.

You can try to make a very very simple import on my site with a total new CSV or what ever it will not work with linking the two languages.

I made an example and created two new import called EN/DE - for Andreas, there I import a new created simple CSV file with only ID and name.

I connected them together as in the other imports and it does not work they are not linked.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-17 um 16.50.19.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-17 um 16.50.01.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-17 um 16.49.56.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-17 um 16.49.49.png
Juni 21, 2022 um 9:01 pm #11513783

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Indeed, this is unexpected behavior. Files and config look good and the imports are simply not connecting.

As I was sadly unable to find the source of the issue, I am asking the second-tier support if they could have a closer look at the dev site and I will get back to you soon.

Best regards
Andreas

Juli 6, 2022 um 12:38 pm #11614309

ursK-3

Thank you, have you heard something?

I should fix this problem, it exists for few months now.

Juli 7, 2022 um 3:29 am #11618459

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

The issue has been escalated to our WPML Development Team and a fix for the issue will be included very likely into the upcoming version of our WPML All Import Plugins.

If everything goes to plan this will be version 2.4.0

In the meantime we can suggest the following workaround:

Make sure to have a complete backup of site files and database.

Edit the file \wp-content\plugins\wpml-all-import\wpml-all-import.php on line 392 after this code:

if ( isset ( $woocommerce_wpml ) ) {
		                    $woocommerce_wpml->terms->update_terms_translated_status( $articleData['taxonomy'] );
	                    }

add this code

$post_id = $this->wpml->term_translations()->adjust_ttid_for_term_id($post_id);
$parent_post_id = $this->wpml->term_translations()->adjust_ttid_for_term_id($parent_post_id);

Then delete the existing imported terms and clear the ghost entries from WPML > Support > Troubleshooting.

Import the terms again it should work this time.

If you need assistance with applying this workaround, please let me know.

Best regards
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.