Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Marcel.

Author Posts
October 25, 2022 at 1:43 pm #12308011

John

Hello,
We are using Site Language from WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency and it's reseting the cache every time someone enter website.
We are using LiteSpeed as caching plugin.
If we deactived Site Language and move on Client Location the issue will dissapear, the generated cache will not reset at new client.
We need to use Site Language because sometimes will doesn't give the correct currency base on Client Location and we have tested usign VPN.
We really need this to work with Site Language and LiteSpeed.
Can you please help me with this?
Thank you!

October 28, 2022 at 8:32 am #12329973

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Please tell me a specific example of how I can reproduce this on your installation. Please also tell me which country I must choose in my VPN to reproduce that behaviour.

Thanks!

Best Regards
Marcel

October 31, 2022 at 9:27 am #12340817

John

Hello,
I have made a video for you, so you can reproduce the issue.

hidden link

So, Client Location, the Cache isn't resetting but we get wrong currency.
Site language, the Cache it's resetting everytime someone enter the website. This is the issue that we need to fix, because we want to use Site langauge.

Please let me know,
Thank you!

October 31, 2022 at 12:03 pm #12342387

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

as I don't have any LiteSpeed test server environment available, let's try first to isolate the issue.

1) Can you reproduce the same on a staging site where only WPML, LiteSpeed and WooCommerce + WooCommerce Multilingual are running with a default theme such as TwentyTwenty-One? Please also make sure CloudFlare is temporarily deactivated.

2) Can you reproduce the same on a test environment running LiteSpeed plugin WITHOUT the LiteSpeed server as well? hidden link

Please let me know. Thanks!

Best Regards
Marcel

October 31, 2022 at 12:12 pm #12342401

John

1) On our test server we have only wpml, WCML, Woocommerce, and Litespeed active also we have tried with the default theme and the issue is reproducible. We can make a video if you want but the steps are similar to the video presented above. The cache is always reset.
We have greyed out the Cloudflare on the subdomain test so it won't influence it.

2) Ofc if we deactivate the Litespeed cache the issue disappears.
This issue has been reported 5-6 months ago on slack Litespeed but with no answer. Also, they forward us to wpml support since it is working with the client site location and not with the site language.
So waiting for your answer.
Btw on the server, we have provided you can do everything you want since is a test server.
Waiting for an answer and much appreciation.

October 31, 2022 at 12:13 pm #12342409

John

ps. you can't run the WordPress Litespeed cache module on a server that is not running LS cache services.

October 31, 2022 at 1:05 pm #12342915

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

it seems to be a compatibility issue, then. We will probably need help from the authors to get this fixed.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” or "All in One WP Migration" on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT
-Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
-If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Please also see this:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/litespeed-cache/#:~:text=General%20Features%20may%20be%20used%20by%20anyone%20with%20any%20web%20server%20(LiteSpeed%2C%20Apache%2C%20NGINX%2C%20etc.). Basic features also work on NGINX and Apache.

Best Regards
Marcel

November 7, 2022 at 8:43 am #12396177

John

Hello there,
Any news for me regarding this?
Thank you!

November 7, 2022 at 5:08 pm #12402431

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

I can only really escalate this to our developers once it's reproduced from scratch. I'm waiting for their feedback, if they can allow a duplicator copy from your staging, so we can set up a LiteSpeed environment and test it there.

Can you confirm it happens only with the LiteSpeed cache plugin and Litespeed server? As mentioned above, some basic features should also work with other servers.

Please also see this:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/litespeed-cache/#:~:text=General%20Features%20may%20be%20used%20by%20anyone%20with%20any%20web%20server%20(LiteSpeed%2C%20Apache%2C%20NGINX%2C%20etc.). Basic features also work on NGINX and Apache.

Can I install the duplicator plugin and create a site copy for further escalation? Please let me know. Thanks!

Best Regards
Marcel

November 8, 2022 at 9:10 am #12408027

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

please also try if it works using this filter:

add_filter( 'wcml_is_cache_enabled_for_switching_currency', '__return_true' );

Best Regards
Marcel

November 8, 2022 at 4:57 pm #12412733

John

Hello,
I have added the filter in functions.php.
The homapage cache it's still resetting, but on shop, product category, product and the other page it's working now, the chaching will not reset.
We still need to fix this also for hompage.
Waiting for your replay,
Thank you!

November 11, 2022 at 4:53 pm #12440995

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the info. As far as I know, that filter should not work for the homepage, so the issue might be related to your code or something that we may did not consider.

Our team would like to check it and agreed to test via a duplicator copy. Please confirm if I'm allowed to install the duplicator plugin and create a site copy for further escalation. Please let me know. Thanks!

You can also provide it yourself if you prefer.

Thank You!

Best Regards
Marcel

November 14, 2022 at 10:43 am #12452855

John

Hello,

I confirm, you can install a duplicator plugin.

Waiting for your replay,

Thank you!

November 17, 2022 at 5:03 pm #12484627

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

the server doesn'T allow me to create the site copy:

This server cannot complete the build due to host setup constraints, see the error message for more details.

The Duplicator plugin was already installed, but not activated. Please try to create the copy using another solution, such as "All in One Migration". If the server doesn't allow that, you can provide a manual DB dump + copy of your files

Thanks!

Best Regards
Marcel

November 23, 2022 at 2:32 pm #12520255

Marcel
Supporter

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.