Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 22, 2022 at 12:28 pm #11519925

adamH-13

My site hasn't been updated in a while and the 2 different languages are messed up

I have been trying to install using the OTGS plugin but it keeps getting stuck.

hidden link

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 8.24.12 PM.png
June 24, 2022 at 5:49 am #11535795

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

Sorry for the delayed response - it has been a full queue for the past few days and it can take a bit longer to respond.

I am not sure how old the WPML version that you had running until now was but that might be the issue.

First of all, please create a full website backup (I hope that you created a backup even before trying to update WPML - it is recommended that you create a full website backup whenever you are trying to update plugins or themes or when adding some custom code to a website as things like this, if they don't work properly, might break the site).

After you create a full website backup, please remove WPML completely from your site (even the OTGS installer) and then download the plugins from here (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and manually install + activate them on your site.

The translations should be saved in the database so they should not be affected by these actions.

Please let me know how that goes and what is your result.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.