This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Nessun supporter è disponibile a lavorare oggi sul forum Italian. Sentitevi liberi di creare ticket e li gestiremo il prima possibile quando saremo online. Grazie per la comprensione.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 8 mesi, 3 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Autore Post
January 30, 2019 at 7:34 am #3142418

tizianoV

I have repeatedly configured the ACF fields but after a while they are reset for no reason. Saving the configuration seems to work by making several translations then after some time resets

January 30, 2019 at 4:38 pm #3145003

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Spagnolo (Español ) Portoghese, Brasile (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @tizianov, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

You posted an English question on the Italian forum. I will answer in English (unfortunately I do not speak Italian), but if you prefer that the ticket be forwarded to an Italian Speaker please let me know.

We have some known issues related to many custom fields. These issues will be fixed in the next WPML update.For now, I recommend setting the custom fields options using WPML XML config. Please take a look at this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

You can add the custom XML code to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration. E.g.

<wpml-config>
 <custom-fields>
 <custom-field action="translate">custom-title</custom-field>
 <custom-field action="translate">custom-description</custom-field>
 <custom-field action="translate">custom-wysiwyg</custom-field>
 </custom-fields>
</wpml-config>

With this code, the custom-title, custom-description and custom-wysiwyg will be automatically set as "translatable". You can see more details on this section: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#custom-fields

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego