This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Solution: - Go to Dashboard > Projects. - Open a project translation. - Be sure the it has a feature image added.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Etichettato: 

This topic contains 8 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Andrés 1 mese, 1 settimana fa.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Autore Post
September 3, 2019 at 10:36 am #4503527

valerioC-11

Sto tentando di: mostrare i progetti tradotti

Link a una pagina dove è possibile vedere il problema: hidden link

Mi aspettavo di vedere: i 7 progetti tradotti come nella versione italiana hidden link, invece ne vedo solo 5

Invece ho ottenuto: che nella traduzione si vedono solo 5 progetti invece di 7 tradotti

September 4, 2019 at 8:50 am #4509413

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English ) Spagnolo (Español ) Francese (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

I apologize for the long waiting time but we don't have Italian speakers available at the moment. If you wish, we can continue in English.

I just visited your site and I can see that a post as "carugate" has not been translated yet. Could you please translate it?

However, masate is translated and does not appear. Could you please indicate me in a detailed way how the box was added in your original page?

Best regards,
Andrés

September 4, 2019 at 9:07 am #4509555

valerioC-11

Good morning Andrés,

yes we can talk in english, and i hope you could understand my "english":)

I've just add the translation of "carugate" as you adviced. To add a project in original page the steps are: enter in the dashboard of the website > click on "projects" on the left side > add new project > add the module "goarch projects detail block" > at the end of the creation of the project you can add the category and in italian is "green park" and in english version "building site"

September 4, 2019 at 10:12 am #4509925

Andrés
Supporter

Thank you for your comments, I guess this module is part of your theme goarch, right?
Your theme Goarch is not in our compatibility list, however it doesn't necessarily imply that it is not compatible, just that our team has not tested yet.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

What happens when you try to translate the "goarch projects detail block"? Do you see the projects added in English as well?

Furthermore, could you please follow this procedure:
- Open your translation of the "goarch projects detail block" with our Translation editor.
- Go to the original page. You should see a pencil in front of every translation.
- Edit it and finish it as it is (mark it as 100% Translated).
- Make a small change in the original page, for example, add an extra blank space at the end of a sentence/paragraph.
- Update /Save post.
- You should now see that a circular arrow appears beside the 2nd languages links, this means that an update is required.
- Edit the translation again. When you open the editor for the translated post, you should now see the post content to be translated.

Does it work this time?

September 4, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4510889

valerioC-11

Yes the module is part of the theme. Unfortunately is not possible to translate "goarch projects detail block" with your translation editor but only copying the italian content in english page and then translate manually. I've tried but it is not possible.

September 4, 2019 at 1:19 pm #4511359

Andrés
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behaviour?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

*Important: Be sure to backup your site and database first before you proceed!
You can use a plugin for this if you like. You can use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you don't see the form below, pelase don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

September 4, 2019 at 1:57 pm #4511611

Andrés
Supporter

Thank you for your credentials. 🙂

The problem was that your theme use the feature image or your projects in order to display them. In your case, those 2 projects didn't have one. I have checked the feature "Duplica le immagini personalizzate nelle traduzioni", duplicate the image and now it works correctly.

Does it solve your issue?

Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

September 4, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4511823

valerioC-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Andrés!

September 4, 2019 at 2:34 pm #4512051

Andrés
Supporter

Great ! 🙂
Have a nice day.