Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The client is facing an issue with setting different prices for product translations in a multilingual WooCommerce site. They are trying to import new prices for translated products, but the prices are locked and cannot be changed.

Solution:
We explained that when using WooCommerce with WPML, product translations are managed under WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Products. All product translations share the same details as the original product, and it is not possible to set different product details for translations within WPML.

To set custom prices in different currencies, the client should only do this on the original product. The price will then be copied to the translated product, and if using WPML's Multi-currency feature, the price will be converted automatically. However, the client will not be able to set completely different prices for the translations.

If the client needs different prices for translated products, they should not translate the original products. Instead, they should create individual products in each language independently. These products would not be linked and would not share any product details.

If this solution does not seem relevant, please open a new support ticket with us.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by raymondV-6 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 19, 2021 at 8:17 am #10028309

raymondV-6

I have two languages, with products that are imported. I have an issue which does not seem to be going any further with a solution:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-all-import-different-prices/

So just another cry for help with this ticket for a new solution.

how can I manage to do this
hidden link

I am currently willing to change all the products prices by hand (because importing a new price does not seem to work, because it is not a supportted option for some reason).
but it is locked...how to unlock it...

locked.png
November 19, 2021 at 10:30 am #10029537

raymondV-6

So I must change these items in the original product, not in the translated one it seems. Still cannot see why this is not possible with import

November 19, 2021 at 3:05 pm #10031991

raymondV-6

So I thought that manually changing the price should solve it...and it looked like that so I want to change all 190 procuds by hand....just to come to the conclusion something REALLY STRANGE happened.

So I did change the 'change different currency price manuallly' option of the original products.

But after a couple of minutes, there was something in the woocommerce process I guess that changed everything. So for BOTH languages the prices was changed, but to some somewhat RANDOM number. So every price of every product in every language was changed to something I have never imported or changed manually....a complete new price...

how the F! is this possible?
I am really frustrated, maybe it is the lack of experience in the wpml or woocommmerce region but it should not be this hard the have a different price.

Please let me know a solution, might be database hack, or change in functions.php or something, but this is madness

November 20, 2021 at 7:46 am #10035023

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

When using WooCommcerce with WPML you will do product translations at:

WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Products

Products get translated with the WPML Translation Editor and all product translations share the same product details as the original.

It is not possible with WPML to set differen product details for translations.

If you want to set a custom price in different currencies, then this can only be done on the original product. The price will be copied towards the translated product and in case you use our Multi-currency feature, the price will get converted on-the-fly, but you will not be able to set a complete different price for the translations.

If you need different prices for translated products, then you should not translate the original products and create individual products in each language independently - those would than not be linked and share any product details.

I hope this answered your question. Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Best regards
Andreas

November 20, 2021 at 9:50 am #10035193

raymondV-6

Thank you for you answer. Somehow it is still converting prices although I have set up the multicurrency for 1 eur = 1usd so it should NOT convert in my opinion.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.