This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 risposte, has 2 voci.

Last updated by Bobby 3 mesi, 3 settimane fa.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Autore Post
June 26, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4092917

kelyan-spaG-2

Hi,

I have some problems with WPML: using the string translation changes my layouts and often deletes the images in the translated page.

I use X Theme with Cornerstone and they result to be compatible.

You can see what i mean here:
hidden link
hidden link

hidden link
hidden link

hidden link
hidden link

Now, the X theme support told me it is due to the string translation and that I would have to delete the pages transleted that way.... and to ask to you how to do that in order to abilitate the cornerstone transltion.

Can you please help me?

Thank you

Valentina

June 26, 2019 at 7:40 pm #4094807

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi Valentina,

how did you translate the pages ? did you make the translations using String Translation ?

we usually recommend using WPML Translation Editor with the X Theme but do keep in mind that some elements are not yet compatible with WPML

please review the following documentation

-> https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/xtheme/

Also to answer your question regarding the String Translation , you could go to WPML-.String Translation -> Select the strings in question and on the bottom left there is an option to delete.

let me know your results please

June 27, 2019 at 7:41 am #4097361

kelyan-spaG-2

Hi, I'm deleting the text string related with translation in pages, but it keeps them, I don't know how.
What would happen if I just delete the plugin and make a fresh new setup? would you recommend it?

Thank you,

June 27, 2019 at 5:44 pm #4101909

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: Inglese (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Verify the following for me please

1.You are able to delete the string (or at least it seems like it)
2. The string shows up again after its been deleted only once you reload the page ?

3. Did you originally use String Translation to perform the translations or WPML Translation Editor *if you used the Translation Editor* then it makes sense why the string keeps popping up

If possible please provide me with the strings you need to remove and any details i might need to reproduce the issue and i would like to take a closer look at the backend

also if you have the link to the forum thread with your theme that would be helpful as well

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] Delete the translated version of pages with string translation’ is closed to new replies.