Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
March 2, 2020 at 10:03 pm #5602937

mahmoodR

Hi,
I am facing the some issues with the translation in Arabic and I hope you can help:
1. I've deleted the domain strings from the string translations for deleted plugins, but it still appears in Automatic string registration and Translate texts in admin screens, how can I delete them from the system only for a deleted plugins?
2. The url redirection to Arabic page in the events calendar view list returns wrongly, that gives something like this: hidden link?:courses)/(/?:list) which should be: hidden link

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 1.35.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 1.27.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 1.24.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 1.22.27 AM.png
March 3, 2020 at 9:15 pm #5611357

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

March 4, 2020 at 6:46 pm #5619737

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know when the migration process is done. Thanks!

March 4, 2020 at 8:09 pm #5620077

mahmoodR

Hi Marcos,

The migration is done, but when I checked the Destination Site URL after the job is done, it gave an error: There has been a critical error on your website.
I don't know if you have a way to access it or not, if you couldn't then maybe you can use my staging site: hidden link and you can access with the same access details of the main site which I provided before.

Thanks,
Mahmood

March 5, 2020 at 2:39 pm #5626625

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took a detailed look in the migrated copy and even with a minimal setup with just the essential plugins and a default WordPress theme the issue persists, so it seems something related to a compatibility issue between WPML and Tribe Events. In these cases, these are the procedures:

• Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
  • After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
    If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team.
  • The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please, run WPML setup to match your website lamguages at WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Setup then, upload the (theme/plugin) to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site. The fewer plugins the better. In your case you can setup your website as follow:

- Your Eduma and Eduma Child Theme
- Thim Core
- Tribe Events (No need to activate its addons and other premium extensions, just the core standard plugin is enough)
- WPML Multilingual CMS, WPML String Translation and WPML Translation Management

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Please, let me know when you are ready, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

March 5, 2020 at 6:50 pm #5628955

mahmoodR

Hi,

I think it's a compatibility issue, because I didn't install my theme nether plugins other than the event calendar and Tickets, although I can see the same issues at lest with Calendar List in Arabic.
Kindly test it from your side.

And mean time, can you please tell me how to remove the Translation that appears in Automatic string registration and Translate texts in admin screens for the deleted plugins from my site? image attached

Thanks,
Mahmood

Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 1.24.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 1.22.27 AM.png
March 6, 2020 at 7:57 pm #5637423

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I confirmed the issue in the clean sandbox install and forwarded this ticket to our compatibility team for a detailed debuggin, I will update you here as soon as I have some more details from them.

As regarding the LearnPress strings it seems the delete action of this plugin didn't actually deleted the database records created by this plugin and this is why WPML shows such strings options and text domains, in this case I recommend you to take a detailed look at any cache system you might be running your website and it it doesn't solve the issue please, take a look at the database and make a cleanup there, take a detailed look at the wp_options and '_icl_strings' tables.

IMPORTANT: Before any database manipulation you need to make sure you have a backup copy to avoid any potential data loss.

Here you find a similar ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/delete-strings-in-the-text-domain-with-wpml-string-translation-disabled/

Please, let know if it helps, have a nice day.

April 7, 2020 at 1:37 pm #5857887

Marcos Vinicios Barreto

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waited for a solution. The issue seems to happen only in the Pro version of your Events Calendar Plugin when you have the option 'Use updated calendar designs' from your WordPress Dashboard > Events > Settings > Display settings. So, the best option for now is to keep this option disabled for now while we work with the author cooperation to fix it.

Also, you might have some cache in your server and this is why you also need to proceed with the steps below in case you still see issues even trying the provided solution:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Events > Settings > Display change the 'Default stylesheet used for events templates' to 'Skeleton Styles' and save the settings.

2 - View the 'Events' page on the website front-end.

3 - Now, change the events settings back to 'Tribe Events Styles' and save the settings.

As said make sure to test it with any server side, plugins or browser cache disable. Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.